Ifiori, Italian Restaurant

Ifiori, Italian Restaurant - inside view

Ifiori, Italian Restaurant Bali Reviews

Lengyinyin Lengyiny…
Exquisite and authentic Italian fare by busy Kuta Mar 27, 2011
This is by far my favourite restaurant in Kuta, Bali. IFiori is located on the main road in southern Kuta, and is just opposite the Discovery Mall.

On my first night there, I had a freshly made pasta of pappardelle mari e monti, which is a flatbased paste with mushrooms, clams and garlic in light sauce. The taste is light, teasing and appetising. Its nothing like the dishes in a typical Italian restaurant in an Asian country. In fact, I can only say that the taste reminds me of the pasta I had when I was in Italy; where pasta are delicately prepared with the right amount of pepper and spices, and not loaded with MSG and dollops of artifical flavours.

I also had the minestrone soup, which came with croutons. Was surprised to find that its actually clear soup, and not tomate base. But I find it very refreshing indeed as the soup was very carefully prepared and none of the vegetables were soggy at all (unlike the usual minestrone). In fact, I can even taste the succulent zucchini, the taste of celery, and squash and even the carrots. All of the vege were `intact', so, really bravo to the chef for allowing food to be retained at its most natural taste and not adulterated.

I returned on the second night, and had bruchetta trio and linguine alfredo. Again, my palate were once again being delighted.

In terms of desserts, i've had a brownie, and also mango gelato. Magnificent end to an exquisite dinner.

For pricing, I would put it at slightly on the high side, but then again, the ambience of the place is good and easy. Modern yet relaxing. Some nights there is a crooner /singer, and on one of the nights I was there, there was actually a fire-eating show!
Minestrone soup
Pappardelle mari e monti
another pix of pappardelle
Mange gelato
sandy_ryanto sandy_ry…
Jan 05, 2008
The modern minimalist design of the place, that attract me to pay a visit to this place. The location, that is accross the hippest shopping mal in Kuta beach, makes people to easily note the high glass wall building.

Read one review for the famous lamb shank by the famous local chef, I went in after a shopping day in surrounding areas.

Not so crowd by the time of my visit, however most of the tables and couches are either occupied or reserved. There're 3 levels and indoor/outdoor to choose, and it's rather casual than a formal dining. A lot of wine variety is shown at the bar, and said it's famous with the italian coffee.

I had a lamb shank and a cold diet coke, it's all cost me $12. It's not too expensive, I think, however, it's also not an everyday course.

I would rather recommend this joint as a place to sip coffee, while watching the world goes by.
inside view