Idre's Guesthouse

Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
www.idretour.com - 011 32 5241
Idre's Guesthouse - trying to figure out if this belongs on my head.

Check Ulaanbaatar Hotel Deals

Idre's Guesthouse Ulaanbaatar Reviews

vabb22 vabb22
Convenient and cozy place to rest for tired traveller Jul 31, 2011
so what makes a good hostel ?

An atmosphere, amenities, staff..

I decided to write about this hostel because I think it is one of the best in the world

The hostel is situated in a house where owner lives with his family, it has something of indirect family feel in a hostel, it is not obvious, but i found it very appealing.

It has BEST kitchen I have ever seen in a hostel, no kidding,

acctually I think it is not such an visible thing, the kitchen for a hostel, seriously how often do you think of a hostel by their kitchen ? not too often do you, but i think this place's kitchen was of a big appeal to me, like a kitchen in your house, we bought lots of dumplings and just treated ourselves. I did not encounter such a possibility of relaxation, cooking and eating anywhere else in Asia, i may sound like talking of minor things, but after a year of backpacking when you forgot what a rest is, what a home is, it does matter, those who have been in this sitution will understand what i mean :))

So and it has 2 TV rooms, upstairs and downstairs, and it really feels more like a good hotel lobby, with a lot of interior, not just cold face of an official hostel, so it has helpfull staff, the owner also organizes tours, and he is very helpfull for information.

Price was also a big plus like 4$ for a dorm in winter time, i think it is about the same in summer.

Ofcourse it has shower, free wifi, computer, but you got to pay to use computer.

I think website of hostel is down at the moment but you can look it up on hostelworld and such.
trying to figure out if this belon…

Check Ulaanbaatar Hotel Deals