Ichiza

4355 Spring Mountain Rd # 205, Las Vegas, NV, USA
www.ichiza.com - (702) 367-3151
Ichiza - The Honey Toast....mmmmmmm!!!

Ichiza Las Vegas Reviews

juliaiam juliaiam
Ichiza May 19, 2009
Ichiza is not a typical sushi restaruant. It's a Japanese restaurant that in my opinion feels like it could be in a beachy area on the island of Japan (though I haven't been there yet). They do have a few sushi options, and I highly recommend the make your own hand roll option. But the beauty of Ichiza is that they have a ton of options, all of which are really inexpensive, so you can order a number of tasty small dishes. It's like the tapas of Japanese food.

My favorites are the whole grilled squid, the lightly battered and lightly fried tofu, the udon soup (a big bowl, so yoou probably wouldn't want to order too many extras with it), the make your own sushi hand roll, and everything else that I have ever tried at Ichiza. If you like Japanese food, you will not be disappointed.
poohstanggt poohstan…
Fabulous Japanese Cuisine Mar 22, 2008
Not sure where to begin but this place is AMAZING. One of my recent trips back home to Vegas, my friend Lisa (lisabrook21) and I went out with our sushi chef, Hiro, for dinner after he got off work. We asked him to take us someplace that he eats himself and this place did not disappoint.

They are only open from 5pm until 3am and there is always a wait. The restaurant is not that big so it's definitely best to call for reservations. We definitely got the VIP service being with Hiro and since nothing on the menu appeared to be in English, we just let him order whatever he wanted.

As the pictures show, Lisa and I were not about to starve with the amount of food that showed up at our table! I cannot remember the names of everything we had but some of the items are tempura fried okra (which was amazing actually), deep fried quail eggs (yum), some type of spicy chicken dish, a shrimp with eggplant dish, large sashimi platter, oysters, and a whole broiled squid (cut into the calamari rings), and octopus mixed with something and deep fried. I know I am missing quite a few things, but everything we ate was just so delicious!

We tried their sake sampler as well which Hiro said contained one rather expensive sake, which I believe may be Otokoyama. I could be wrong - I need to go back and have another sampler to be sure!! :-)

And the BEST was one of the desserts. Yes, I said desserts - I believe we had three - one was like a caramel flan, one I cannot remember (help me here Lisa), and the third was called Honey Toast. Lisa and I have been dying to have this again. It's almost like a half loaf of unsliced bread, hollowed out and toasted, honey drizzled on the inside, and topped with vanilla ice cream. It is just fantastic.

You would think the amount of food we ate, the two sake samplers, and several beers would be quite a bit. It came to right around $100 for all of us including tip. Most of their dishes appear to range from around $4-10, depending on what your order. Most places, a sashimi platter is over $20, add beers and the sake samplers and we might have been over $50 right there.

Judging by the wait while we were there (we got there around 10pm), I'd say this is a definitely popular spot with the locals....just wish I had known about it before I moved away!! LOL
Hiro and I - Kanpai!!
Melissa919 says:
omg! this is my fave restaurant in Vegas. I was trying to get Mel to go here with tb's but it somehow didnt work out.
Posted on: Jul 07, 2008
mellemel8 says:
i can't believe i missed this review.
Posted on: Mar 24, 2008
mellemel8 says:
we must come here next time :)
Posted on: Mar 24, 2008
jpchoi jpchoi
Casual Japanese dining Jul 07, 2008
This is a local hot spot for those who enjoy simple Japanese food from rolls, udon or more adventurous appetizers such as raw octopus marinated in wasabi.

Check Las Vegas Hotel Deals