Icelandic Presidential Residence

Reykjavik, Iceland

Icelandic Presidential Residence Reykjavik Reviews

Africancrab Africanc…
Icelandic Presidential Residence Oct 08, 2010
How many countries of the world allow foreign visitors to tour the presidential residence? Not many I know of, infact this was the first time in my life that I have been able to visit the residence of a sitting president of an independent nation. While in Iceland, we were given a city tour by a Travbuddy native of Iceland; Hrafn (Bananaananas), who was gracious enough to take us to the Blue Lagoon as well.

One of our stops was the residence of the current president of Iceland. A modest, but impressive home elevated on a hill overlooking the city of Reykjavik and right on the waterfront.

On the property is a church and a large farm with native horses. It was quite an impressive visit, more so because it is not something I expected to do. It was quite an amazing feeling. In my birth country of Uganda and in current country of United States, it is unheard of for visitors to go to the presidents home. Here the presidential guard would pick you up so first you would not know what happened to you. I guess I love the the fact that the leader of the people is not some small "god". I was impressed by Iceland.

PS: “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” Mark Twain
Mark184 says:
That was a great trip, thanks again Hrfan, you made the trip special!
Posted on: Jul 05, 2011
Africancrab says:
Thank you so much Hrfan for taking us there, it was awesome.
Posted on: Jul 05, 2011
bananaananas says:
Glad you liked it! Don't know why I haven't thought of this before, just popped up in my head. I would say it's quite unique to be able to do that ;)
Posted on: Jun 27, 2011