Icebar London

31-33 Heddon Street, London, United Kingdom

Icebar London Reviews

curious_claire curious_…
A bit gimmicky but one to cross off the bucket list May 11, 2015
This is one of those places we've talked about going to for a while but no one has ever been in a rush to book. It's always that place we'll go to "someday". But for my mums hen party she wanted to visit the Ice bar so off we went.

A weekend ticket cost £16 per person to enter for 40 minutes (that's all your allowed because it's so cold) and you get a cocktail when you're inside. Or for £24 you can get an upgraded ticket so that you can get a champagne cocktail. During the week the tickets are a little cheaper, especially if you book in advance but you can only actually book 28 days in advance which is a slight pain when you're trying to organise a hen party!

When you arrive you are given a lovely blue thermal cape to keep you warm which have some gloves attached. When I first entered I didn't want the gloves but it doesn't take you long to realise they are necessary! Literally everything inside is made of ice! I must admit though I was surprised how small the bar was but it does make sense. The ice bar is only available for 40 minutes so of course they need space for a regular bar and restaurant! (these we didn't use so I can't comment on them)

One thing I will say is that the drinks were really small! The glasses are made of ice and even though they are quite thick, the actually part that holds the liquid is small. It's really more of a shot glass size. But you're normally too busy taking pictures and enjoying the surroundings so it's not too much of a problem.

Overall, while I'll admit this isn't a place you'll be visiting every Friday, it is fun to go to once and tick it off your bucket list. And it does make a good venue for a hen party
Zagnut66 says:
They must save money on the lack of a heating bill in the winter. :)
Posted on: May 12, 2015
jyttworld jyttworld
Very COoL bar!!!!!! Aug 30, 2011
My company planned a get together and we hired out the reindeer lounge and for 20 a head it included unlimited drinks and food. The food was GREAT! It was alot of food I wouldn't eat normally. They had the best garlic prawns, beef and cheese sandwhich, olives and crisps (but the crisps were stale), garlic bread and so much more! The staff was very friendly and always made sure that we had a drink and everything we wanted. There was also a free cloakroom we could leave our things (this was especially important when it was time to go to the IceBar because we couldn't bring some things into that freezing room). It was all delicious and I ate so much food! At about 10:30 we had our booked session in the IceBar and they provided us with huge warm ponchos. I would recommend wearing trousers or warm tights because your legs will freeze (so my coworker found out). They also have gloves. When you step into this room they close the doors so that the cold air in the IceBar won't enter the restaurant. Than they open the doors to the IceBar and you get a chill! It is fantastic! So beautiful! They keep this room at a freezing temperature ALL day everyday so it won't melt! The floors and the ceiling are not ice but everything else is. The walls, tables, chairs, bar and cups. The cup costs a tenner but it was included in our package. The staff was as friendly as they could be under the cold circumstances. LOL they had to keep moving around because it was so cold. You are only aloud 30 minutes in the room because it is so cold. They also have someone going around taking pictures of you if you want to buy a print. We had one free included! It was a great experience!
Bar made of Ice!
Delicious European food!
Walls made of Ice
Alaskan Poncho
jyttworld says:
Lol it is a very cool bar!
Posted on: Oct 01, 2011