Ice Cream Shoppe

(831) 642-9789

Ice Cream Shoppe Pacific Grove Reviews

Eric Eric
Home made ice cream in a funky atmosphere Mar 07, 2008
If you are craving dessert and it's late at night (anytime after 8PM in the Monterey area!), the generically named Ice Cream Shoppe in Pacific Grove might be your answer. Its funky interior tries to overcompensate for its bland name - the walls are painted bright yellow and plastered with Beatles memorabilia, record album covers, and Surfer magazines.

The ice cream comes in a variety of interesting and unique flavors. According to the proprietor, all of the flavors were homemade. I decided to be healthier and ordered a Mango sorbet. It tasted pretty mango-ey, but was a little bit too sweet after a dozen or so spoonfuls.

Perhaps the best part of this Ice Cream Shoppe was the friendly staff. We called later at night, right before the store was closing, but the owner told us to drop by anyway, and let us eat our ice cream there while he closed up shop.
Eric says:
Sorry! Forgot to take photos! :)
Posted on: Jul 08, 2009
moshers_moll says:
Sounds like an interesting place. I'm disappointed about the lack of photos though!! I wanted to torture myself by drooling over the pictures, haha :-p
Posted on: Jul 08, 2009