Average rate: $46 - Hotel class: 3 stars

Ibis Praha Old Town Rates and Deals

Ibis Praha Old Town Prague Reviews

berutoran berutoran
Good value for money Apr 28, 2013
Stayed there for 4 nights in April/May 2013. Chose this hotel mainly because of its location. In fact, the hotel is perfectly located in the old town, about 5 minutes by walk from the Municipal House.

Subway Namesty Republiky station is close very close (less than 5 min by walk) as well as the streetcar (this last is in front of the hotel so the quietest rooms are not in front of the street).

Booked for the "Standard room" which was simple but clean, pretty modern and quiet. Wifi for free available.

The breakfast was included and offered various local and international dishes. Not exceptional but correct.

I am aware that some reviews have been done about this hotel but I wanted to confirm that is it a good value for money to explore the city.
View of the hotel
Standard bedroom
Bathroom
northlight northlig…
nice hotel within walking distance of main attractions Apr 24, 2010
I liked this hotel mostly because of its excellent location in prague’s old town. From my hotel, all of the city’s main attractions were within walking distance. For example old town square was about a 5 minute walk, Wenceslas square around 10 minutes, and to get to charles bridge approximately 15 minutes. So the location is the really good part about staying at this hotel, especially as Prague is such a nice city to walk around.

I have stayed in a few ibis hotels around the world, and they always seem to deliver acceptable standards for the budget traveller. My room was clean, comfortable, and spacious. The bathroom was a good size, and I really liked the shower, which had good water pressure, and instant hot water.

Breakfast was not included in the cost of my room, and when I enquired one morning about the cost I was a bit surprised to find out it was quite expensive, and for someone like myself travelling on a budget, I was much better off eating my breakfast elsewhere, and I subsequently saved a lot of money to spend on other things during my three night stay in Prague.

The service I received from the desk staff wasn’t the best I’ve known. They always seemed busy, and were just intent on fast service, and dealing with the next guest. This didn’t bother me too much, as I had arrived on a late flight from London, I was happy to be checked in swiftly and to get to my room. Other people who may prefer a more personal, warm reception perhaps, might feel short changed by this. I understand they are busy people, and as long as I could get into my room, and had no problems with the facilities then I didn’t feel I required any more assistance from them anyway.

To summarise the ibis praha old town. I would definitely recommend it for the budget conscious traveller, who is looking for a nice room, with good wash facilities right in the centre of Prague. Don’t expect amazing service or a warm welcome, but everything else about this hotel was really pleasing. If I’m lucky enough to visit Prague again, I would stay here.
saintgl saintgl
Great value! May 14, 2010
I would definitely stay here again. The location is just perfect, the service was good and the rooms very nice. Considering all that, I think the price is excellent. Also, the shuttle to/from the airport (ran by the airport, not the hotel) is just one block away.
mustang649 mustang6…
Nov 26, 2007
We stayed at the Ibis Old Town Hotel in Prague, 22-24 Nov 07. It's an adequate hotel, especially if you're going to spend most of your time away from the room. The room is very spartan and quite small. The only chair is a small, hard one for sitting at the "desk". Only one trash can in the room and that's in the bathroom. Only 2 small, thin towels were provided -- no hand towels or washcloths. The room was very warm, even with the temperature outside in the 30's and 40s F and didn't seem to be adjustable. The bed was made daily and fresh towels were provided daily, but they were a little lacking in the cleaning department, i.e., the floor wasn't vacuumed at all during our stay and the bathroom wasn't cleaned to our standards.

The breakfast buffet was excellent, with different types of bread and rolls, meat and cheese slices, fruits, cereals, scrambled and hard-boiled eggs, various pastries and milk, coffee, tea and juices. The breakfast buffet was served from 0630-1200, daily.

They had a couple computers in the lobby area so guests could access the Internet and that was free of charge. They also have Wi-Fi, but we didn't use that, so I don't know if there was a cost associated with that service.

The front desk personnel were always very helpful, answering all the tourist-type questions with much patience and good advice on what tram (street car) to ride, where to eat, what to see, etc. They even looked up a couple places on the Internet we wanted to see and then cross-referenced that with a map program and provided us with all the info as to location, how to get there, etc.

They provide a shuttle service to/from the airport, if you contact them prior to your arrival. They had a car and driver waiting for us upon our arrival and ready to take us to the airport on our day of departure. This service (one way) was 590Kc for four adults, which is approximately 8.50 USD per person.

The hotel location is good. There are numerous tram stops in the vicinity of the hotel. The Old Town Square and Welceslas Square and the King Charles Bridge are within walking distance from the hotel, in addition to numerous shops and restaurants. There is a large new mall almost next door to the hotel.
Ibis Old Town Hotel Prague

• Fitness Facilities
  • Massage
  • Solarium
  • Beauty Salon
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower
  • Pool Indoor
  • Pool Outdoor
  • Cots
  • Security and video surveillance in public areas
  • Luggage Storage