Ibis Moussafir Fes

Ibis Moussafir Fes Rates and Deals

Ibis Moussafir Fes Fez Reviews

nordes nordes
I've been robbed! Aug 25, 2010
I spent 2 nights in this hotel during a weekend getaway to lively Fes. The hotel is conveniently located next to the train station and the pool area is nice and refreshing, but those two things are the only positive stuff I can say about it.

The last day before checking out I realized a 50€ note was missing from the side pocket of my suitcase. It was all the money I had left, so it couldn't be a misunderstanding, I HAD BEEN ROBBED 50€!!

The hotel manager listened to me but I'm still waiting for his apologies, he just muttered I should have left my valuable items in the reception safe-box(all my baggage is valuable!!). Afterwards I filled out a complaint and he was rude and bad-mannered. I also felt I was so poorly treated for being a young woman.

Despite speaking Spanish, the manager made me speak in English while explaining the theft, so that the majority of the customers that were Spanish would not understand what had happened, simply disgusting and shameful.

In addition, the room was very small, even by European standards, OK is an Ibis, but too tiny. The bed had black dust on top when we arrived. The key broke twice in 2 days. The air conditioned didn't worked properly and our clothes were soaked(room 231). The breakfast wasn't worth the 55MAD we paid, it was low quality food and a limited choice, I would rather enjoy a better and cheaper one at the entrance of the medina.

And be aware, because I was forced to pay at check-in although I was supposed to do it at check-out.

Overall, I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone. I WAS ROBBED for the first time in my life. A good location and low prices are not worth a theft and an appalling service that will surely ruin your vacation.
Dr_Seuss says:
Pity you never read my review from last year :( See it hasn't improved then :O
Posted on: Aug 25, 2010
Dr_Seuss Dr_Seuss
Try Somewhere Else Aug 16, 2009
I've stayed in many Ibis hotels over the years, as you generally know what you are going to get.

This one has been an exception, though it may just have been an off day, though I didn't get that impression.

Located right at the end of the path coming out of the train station, it looked Ok when booking it, and was fairly central. On the ground though it was 5km from the Old Medina, the part we really wanted to see, and made the mistake of walking to.

Problems started as soon as we went up to the two rooms we had booked. There was no power in either. At first thought it was what we were trying to do with the keys, but ended up having to go down to the reception, who disptched the security guard up, and he said he would get it sorted in a few minutes.

We were heading for the pool for a while,and we said again on our way down that we still had no electricity. When we came up after an hour it still wan't working and had to go down yet again. God knows when they got the power on, as we went out to explore,but when we came back we still had no air con in one of the rooms.

They offered then to move us, but by then it was after 9pm and we had still to eat.

Rooms seemed smaller than the ones in Meknes, and again the big issue was it lacked a fridge.

We had spent the whole afternoon walking, to and, round the Old Medina and couldn't face any more walking so went to the restaurant in the hotel. Seemed quiet enough, and we ordered, but even as we were still waiting they started clearing away stuff from the tables round about us.

Everywhere we went in Morocco we had been eating out late, but after our main meal,we asked for the dessert menu, as the kids wanted something, and were told the kitchens were closed.

Thought we would move into the bar, only to find them closing and putting all the chairs up on the tables. It wasn't even 11pm yet, and were told if we wanted anything then we could get it on room service. Seemed the guys behind the bar were heading out with their mates that were hanging about waiting in the bar.

Sitting in room with a beer didn't hold that much appeal, so we told them to stick it.

A place best avoided
Ibis Moussafir Fes
Pool with restaurant area in the b…
hlelisln says:
Thanks for the review.
Posted on: Jun 13, 2010
delsol67 says:
Good to know!
Posted on: Aug 26, 2009
Dr_Seuss says:
came as a bit of a surprise to me as well Harriet. I've stayed in Ibis hotels across Europe, mostly in France and Germany though, and always found them to be of a reasonable standard for the price. The one in Meknes the night before had been OK as well
Posted on: Aug 16, 2009

Ibis Moussafir Fes Overview

This hotel in Fez is situated only minutes from the center of the city. Guests of the Fes Hotel Ibis will be near the historical district as well as the Medina. A golf course is situated within 15 kilometers of the hotel property. Tennis courts are also near the hotel as well. Guests will also find there are numerous shopping and dining venues within just a short distance of the hotel as well. The train station is conveniently located near the Ibis Moussafir Fes, only 40 meters, while the airport is only 12 kilometers away. Private parking is offered on site for the use and convenience of guests.

There are 123 guestrooms at the Ibis Hotel Moussafir Fes. Each of the guestrooms is air conditioned and features alarm clocks, satellite TV, a work desk and direct dial telephone.

Guests of the Ibis Hotel Moussafir Fes will enjoy amenities such as an onsite bar, restaurant and terrace. There is also a garden, terrace and meeting rooms located at the hotel as well.

Ibis Moussafir Fes Amenities

• Photocopier
  • Desk
  • Direct dial phone
  • Facsimile
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower