Ibis London Gatwick Airport

Ibis London Gatwick Airport Rates and Deals

Ibis London Gatwick Airport Crawley Reviews

sarahsan sarahsan
The Ghost in room 514 Apr 23, 2011
Ibis London Gatwick Airport is a budged hotel in the Accor hotel chain. It is located half way between Gatwick Airport and the town of Crawley, which means a 10 minutes drive from the North Terminal or a little less from the South Terminal.

The hotels website lacks information on how to get there. A taxi will cost £6, bus G23 £3 or the Metrobus (local bus) £1,80 (stop no 9 at the North Terminal. For timetable check www.metrobus.co.uk. The stop for Ibis is called Betts Way). All the buses leave from both South and North Terminal. The hotel also offer a shuttle bus for £3. It is very difficult to find out how and when it operates. From the terminals you have to call the hotel and ask them to pick you up. There is no hotel phone in the airport, so you have to know the hotels phone number and call them from your own mobile phone.

When I arrived, check-in was very efficient! The receptionist was as sweet as she could be and very patient. I got a key card, but had trouble getting the door open. After having updated it twice the receptionist went to the room with me and fixed it with a smile. My room was towards the back of the hotel and was nice and quiet.

The room was plain, had a double bed, a desk, a flat screen TV, tea/coffee making facilities and AC. The bed was a bit strange, it looked like a board with 4 legs and was a bit hard. The sheets barely covered the mattress and the duvet cover was too small to cover the duvet properly. I wish there had been a mini bar in the room, if only empty, where I could have kept my own drinks cool. I guess you can´t expect everything in a budged hotel.

The bathroom was small and funny. It was round – different! It looked like a prefabricated unit put into a room. It had no amenities. There was also a funny smell from the drain.

Internet access was £11,99 pr 24 hrs. The broad band is activated from the TV menu when you have plugged in the connection on your laptop. There were also 2 PC in the lobby. This service cost £1 pr 20 minutes.

Breakfast was okay, but not great. It was served from 4 am – noon. This was not included in the room rate. There was no room service, but you could order food (incl hot meals) and drinks in the bar 24/7. Prices were very reasonable.

Even though the hotel is a 10 minute bus ride from the airport and more basic, it´s better value for money than the £102 I paid at the Sofitel last time I stayed at Gatwick airport. Room rate at the Ibis was £49 and breakfast £7.

Would I stay at the Ibis London Gatwick Airport again? May be!

GHOST!

As for the ghost, I had put my shoes neatly next to the bed when I went to take a shower. When I came out of the bathroom they had rolled over. I know that boots can fall, but tennis shoes don´t roll over on their side. In the evening I had eaten a basket of strawberries. I left the box on the desk. The next morning when I came back from having breakfast, the basket was on the floor. When I checked out, the girl in the reception asked me if I had had a good stay. I said that it had been interesting and told her about the incidents. She said that strange things had happened before, but that they thought it was due to the sensors throughout the hotel. Well, who knows! Do ghosts exist? May be they do!
Ibis London Gatwick Airport
Entrance
Guest PC
The bar
sarahsan says:
Oh yeah! It would be really interesting Yunni!
Posted on: Jul 02, 2011
gingerbatik says:
would be interesting to meet the ghost there:)
Posted on: Jul 02, 2011
sarahsan says:
Messy person! And I thought you knew me!! Haha!
Posted on: May 23, 2011

Ibis London Gatwick Airport Overview

With its central location, Ibis Gatwick Hotel is within easy reach of most tourist attractions and business addresses in Crawley. The Ibis Gatwick Hotel boasts a convenient location with modern amenities in every guestroom and superb service. Each guestroom is tastefully appointed with non smoking rooms, air conditioning, daily newspaper, inhouse movies, television, shower. The amenities and services offered at this Crawley accommodation include 24hr room service, elevator, bar/pub, laundry service/dry cleaning, restaurant, safety deposit boxes, disabled facilities, hotel/airport transfer. Being one of the good quality hotels in Crawley, guests staying at this hotel will find its convenient location and tranquil atmosphere pleasurable. For your reservation at the Ibis Gatwick Hotel Crawley, please enter your preferred visit dates and follow our secure online booking form.

Ibis London Gatwick Airport Amenities

• Photocopier
  • Direct dial phone
  • Facsimile
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower