Ibis Hotel Sofia Airport

Check Sofia Hotel Deals

Ibis Hotel Sofia Airport Reviews

Airpunk Airpunk
Ibis Hotel Sofia Airport Jul 10, 2017
I booked this hotel for the proximity to the airport and because I expected the same quality as in other Ibis hotels in Europe. For the combination of both, I was prepared to pay a price higher than in many other Bulgarian hotels. However, I was really disappointed and would not recommend it unless you really need it for early morning departures or late night arrivals. I have seen far better Ibis and Ibis Budget Hotels in other European countries!

I was there for four nights and except for the very first morning, noone cleaned the room. On that very morning, they made my bed without changing the bedlinen and emptied the garbage. On the other days, garbage was piling up in the room. Breakfast was a shame for a buffet, many of the items were missing and staff didn't care too much to refill them. Also, it looked like a mess after the first customers and stayed like that for the rest of the morning. Reception staff was not really helpful and although they had a map of Sofia Metro and tourist leaflets at the reception, they were not able to tell me how to buy the correct ticket (they actually gave me some wrong information on this) nor did they know that there was actually a counter for it at the airport metro station. Although the building was pretty new, parts of it didn't look well maintained. This ranged from the material used in the bathroom furnishing which looked a little worn out to some things mother nature has left on the facade and window frames which included a lot of spiderwebs and something which from distance looked like a wasp nest.

Good things about the hotel: The dinner, the restaurant staff (those dealing with the real restaurant, not the breakfast people) and the restaurant/bar itself were fine. Also, both terminals are within just a short distance away and there is a free shuttle bus from the hotel. If you are travelling with light luggage, you can even walk (5-10 minutes to Terminal 1, 15-20 minutes to Terminal 2).
Airpunk says:
Although I also prefer more individual hotels, location is quite an important factor to me. Also, sometimes I am not in for too many surprises regarding the accomodation - so I sometimes end up with the chain hotels. But as you said, I expect a certain standard then.
Posted on: Oct 14, 2017
HORSCHECK says:
I usually try to avoid these chain hotels, but if I book them I would also expect a certain range of services. - Interesting review.
Posted on: Oct 08, 2017
Airpunk says:
I had actually some good Ibis hotels (although all of them were Ibis "Budget): Bruges, Saarbr├╝cken, Hamburg, Essen and Mannheim-Freidrichsfeld. This was the first disappointment with them so far.
Posted on: Sep 07, 2017