Ibis Budget Nice Californie Lenval

58-60 avenue de la Californie, Nice, France
+33 892 70 03 76
Ibis Budget Nice Californie Lenval - the view from our room
Ibis Budget Nice Californie Lenval - in front of me the beach, behind me the hotel
Ibis Budget Nice Californie Lenval - J: 'take the pic of the bed the way it will look like a 5* hotel not Ibis' hehehe ... I failed :P
Ibis Budget Nice Californie Lenval - in front of me the hotel, behind me the beach

Check Nice Hotel Deals

Ibis Budget Nice Californie Lenval Reviews

EmyG EmyG
Ibis Budget Nice Californie Lenval Aug 21, 2015
I know Ibis brand so I was pretty sure I won't be disappointed. The hotel is what one would expect from an Ibis budget; consistent with many of their other hotels across the world. It is a budget hotel, clearly not a 5 star hotel but I was pretty pleased of my room standard. I stayed here six nights during my stay in the Cote d’Azur. I think it is a pretty cheap place to stay in Nice. When I was looking for a holiday spot for this summer I considered French Nice or Polish Gdansk or Sopot. What was surprising the hotel in Nice which was located just 100m from the sea shore of the warm Mediterranean Sea was in the same price as a hotel in Gdańsk located 8km from the sea shore of the cold Baltic Sea. Prices in Sopot, the most famous summer resort in Poland, were twice more expensive than in Nice. That was quite shocking.

Ibis provides free WIFI which is not so fast but was enough for what I needed. Usually the password in ibises changes every 24h and you need to take a new one from the reception desk everyday, but not in Nice. Instead of that there was some page in French (ofc it have to be in French. They could not make it in English! It is France after all. In France English doesn’t exist!) which I had to accept every time I wanted surf the Internet, giving my name and email! The name and the email could be fake. I checked!

Check-in wasn’t quick. There was a boy who obviously was new and didn’t know almost nothing about how things in hotel work. His boss was helping him. I think the boy doesn’t speak English. I was using English, the boss was using English with me and French with the boy. He told the boy to tell me this and that (I speak basic French so I could understand them more or less) and the boy used French to tell me which number of the room I got. His boss told him „en anglais!„ so the boy repeated … in French again! This is what I hate in France! I told the boss to leave it as I understand French.

My room looked pretty modern. It was rather clean and tidy and very small. The bed was very comfortable and big. It was a bunk bed and J. sometimes hit it by his head. Not the best idea for a bed. I liked the lighting system of the room. Looked so romantic! I liked also the window blinds which even from the brightest day can make a dark night. TV in the room was with moderate choice of channels in many languages. However we used only French channels because of J. Well, I didn’t want to watch TV anyway so it didn’t bothered me that he used his language (it bothered me that he used TV at all hahaha) . In Poland he uses French TV as well so I’m kinda used to this.

Bathroom was ok. I can complain only about the shower which was almost antique! Doors were half broken and it was very small.

Hotel is situated 100m from the sea and some rooms have a sea view. Mine didn't have.The access to the centre is really easy. Buses run both on the rue de Californie and Promenade des Anglaise. Very easy acces to the airport. From the airport I walked, to the airport I took the bus.

Breakfast costs only 6 euros but is very basic. Not a slavic type of breakfast for sure! No meat, no vegetables, no fruits! Only one kind of cheese, jam, nutella, honey, croissants, toasts, tea, coffee, orange juice, yoghurts. Everyday same things! I regret I bough it.

Although it is the worst Ibis hotel I've stayed in I still liked it and I recommend it for those who look for a nice place to stay for a good price.
in front of me the hotel, behind m…
in front of me the beach, behind m…
J: "take the pic of the bed the wa…
TravChef says:
I always like Ibis. I think it is cheap compare to the standard they have.
Dr_Seuss says:
I like Ibis too, maybe not Ibis Budget so much which in the good old days was ETap
Vikram says:
I didn't know ibis charged for bfast! Anyway all in all I love the brand and Lol @ the reception newbie spkong only in French!

Check Nice Hotel Deals