Ibis Budget Krakow Stare Miasto

Check Krakow Hotel Deals

Ibis Budget Krakow Stare Miasto Reviews

EmyG EmyG
Ibis Budget Krakow Stare Miasto Sep 18, 2014
I know this brand so I was pretty sure I won't be disappointed. The hotel is what one would expect from an Ibis; consistent with many of their other hotels across the world. It is a budget hotel, clearly not a 5 star hotel but I was pleased of my room standard. I stayed here four nights during my stay in Krakow. It is a pretty cheap place to stay in Krakow.

The hotel provides free WIFI which is not so fast but was enough for what I needed. The password changes every 24h so you need to take a new one from the reception desk everyday. I stayed here just few nights so it did not bother me at all. Better, Premium - WIFI is provided as well if needed, but it is not free of charge. Check-in was quick. Ibis Budget Krakow Stare Miasto hotel is connected to the other standard Ibis hotel and if you want or need you can use the facilities of the one with higher standard even if you don’t stay there. The lift require your room card to operate it. Sometimes it was hard to force it to start working.

My room looked pretty modern. It was rather clean and tidy, well decorated with green shrub trees on the walls. The bed was very comfortable and pretty big. Despite hotel location which faces the main street that leeds to the Old Town and the Railway Station I could not hear anything from outside when the window was closed. Also I must admit that the accommodation was quiet with no noise from other residents. The room was clean but very small. I liked the lighting system of the room. Looked so romantic! The shower in Ibis Budget Krakow Stare Miasto is in the room which is something unusual for other hotels but for Ibis Budget it is a norm, however it did not disturb me at all. Matt glass door does not give much privacy but I was alone so no problem. TV in the room is with moderate choice of channels in many languages. I liked also the window blinds which even from the brightest day can make a dark night. But I need to complain about one thing. I booked a room for no-smokers and I got a room for smokers. I guess it was for smokers because no one called it like that. On the first day I felt a clear stench of cigarettes. There was also an ashtray on the table. The blinds also smelled like cigarettes and the floor panels were burnt in few places. So it was for sure a room for smokers! However few days later when I filled out a survey sent by Ibis, I got an email from them with the information that from this September all Ibis hotels will be turned into “non-smoking” hotels with rooms for no-smokers only.

Hotel is situated in about 8 minutes walk distance from the Old Town. The access to the centre is really easy and it does not require using the public transportation. A tram stop is just next to the hotel. It is so easy to reach the hotel both from the bus station and the rail station.

I recommend this hotel for those who look for a nice place to stay for a good price. Just make sure that they gave you the same room you booked! I recommend it rather for a short stay in Krakow. For a longer stay I would advice to search something different.
blue LEDs are needed...
Tv, Wawel Dragons and my mess
hightide says:
Cool - I think you have now converted me into an Ibis budget fan wannable after reading several of your reviews :)
Posted on: Jul 14, 2016
EmyG says:
Totally!
Posted on: Sep 18, 2014
cotton_foam says:
such a pain if placed in a smoking room...we had that before :-(
Posted on: Sep 18, 2014

Ibis Budget Krakow Stare Miasto Overview

Located in Grzegórzki, the Ibis Budget Krakow Stare Miasto is a perfect base while in Krakow. The hotel is ideally situated in the centre of the city.

Ibis Budget Krakow Stare Miasto Amenities

• Conference Room(s)
  • Cable / Satellite TV
  • Meeting Rooms
  • TV
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower
  • En suite
  • Private Toilet
  • Cots
  • Security and video surveillance in public areas
  • Vending Machines