Ibis Amsterdam Centre

Ibis Amsterdam Centre Rates and Deals

Ibis Amsterdam Centre Reviews

roshanmhd roshanmhd
Great location, Average hotel, book early to get good deal Jan 08, 2014
I stayed at the Ibis Amsterdam centre when i visited Amsterdam for the first time in 2010. The hotel is in a perfect location, right next to the rail, metro, trams, and buses. Although the rooms are small like all IBIS hotels they were comfortable and clean. The bathroom was so tiny, may the smallest i have seen in any IBIS. Since i got a great deal as i booked few months before, I cant complaint. :) . I see here on another review that they provided free wifi, but as far as i can remember, WiFi was not free. However, they did have a common computer near the reception with internet.

The second time i visited Amsterdam, i booked a different hotel as my stay was longer and I wanted a hotel closer to RAI Amsterdam convention centre.
tjwood tjwood
Great Location and Great Deal Mar 20, 2012
If you looking for a budget hotel in Amsterdam, this one is located right next door to the Central Train Station. Pricing is not bad for the town, actually a good deal when booked in advbance. Lote of tours buses uses this place, plus airlines.

Check in was easy, the room was very clean and nice. Only complaint is if they could put a little extra space in the bathroom overall. The shower is very nice and spacious, I found it better than a 4-star hotel I recently stayed in.

There is free WiFi, cable television, and you can check out an iron if needed at the desk. A blowdryer is in the bathroom for you.

Located no far across the main intersection is the start of the long shopping road. Complete with food, drink and yes smoking shops. Plenty of clothes and trinkets shops.

Try a waffle or the great custard filled rolls. Get a coffe too.

Have fun! Will stay here again!
Girls Room (two of them)
My room!
effe_erre82 effe_err…
Excellent location Apr 06, 2011
The hotel location is perfect next to amsterdam central station makes it easy to get to from the airport and back ,but the price is high compared to the hotel service, rooms are small, simple and clean.Good and friendly service at the reception and there are always enough people to handle lots of guests who check in/out.
Africancrab Africanc…
Unbelievably pricey Jan 12, 2009
I paid an exceptionally hight price for a room not worth calling a double. Initially I was given a room with two twin beds that looked like camp ground bags with no room to bring my luggage in, the shower looked like a prison black hole. I went down stairs and told them I would not pay 150 Euros for that room, infact I would not pay 50 Euros for it.

The lady at the reception looked at me as if I had come from outer space. She told me they had no rooms available and that I should wait an hour for one to become vacant. I told her I had booked a room 3 months in advance surely I would appreciate some courtesy. Another of the girls walked in (Nicollette) she was much more professional, she told me to give her a few minute and she got me a room on the 9th floor with a king bed (remember the European King bed is smaller than an American queen or the same).

After an hour, I got my room ready and I had to take two different elevators to get to my room

(tank God they were fast).

Something else that was frustrating was that each morning I went down for breakfast, the attendant at the dinning entrance told me I did not have breakfast included on my room. I politely asked him to check with the reception, they corrected it and the next morning the same thing. As if all this was not enough, on my check out day I get told I owe one breakfast (28 Euros). This was the last straw, I told them I was not going to pay and demanded compensation for all the inconvenience for the past 5 nights.

The manager came out of his pod which was right behind the counter and corrected everything quickly to avoid a scene.

That concluded my stay. I will not stay there again. I higly recomend that you look at the rooms befor eyou book and make sure you get what you see? I did not get what I saw.

The only positive thing I can say about this hotel is it's proximity to the train station and most activity around central and the Red Light district. There is no parking space except for bicycles.
Africancrab says:
I wish I had had cavier, but I did not. It was a nasty experience for 150 Euros a night. Aweful, I regretted it
Posted on: Jan 13, 2009
Dancr says:
What a nasty experience that was!! Sorry to hear you had to go through all of that bulls&%#!!
Posted on: Jan 12, 2009
bernard69 says:
Have u got caviar at yr 28 euro's breakfast?
Posted on: Jan 12, 2009

• Direct dial phone
  • Facsimile
  • Audio/Visual Equipment
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower