Iberotel Crown Empress

Nile River, Egypt

Compare Aswan Hotel Rates (4.8km away)

Iberotel Crown Empress Nile River Reviews

LadyMaja LadyMaja
Great Nile cruiseship: Crown Empress Feb 18, 2008
Our first impression of our Nile cruiseship was......wow...so big! Ok, maybe when you have made cruises on the ocean this one is not so big, but it was our first cruise. The crew was very very friendly and I think not only because they hoped to get a tip at the end of the cruise. I tried to speak a few words Egypian, that was very much appreciated too.

The Egypians always ask your name first. Then about your family, how many (grand)children you have, what job you have and only later...talk business! Well, I told them my name: Maja. I had told a few crew members my name, but within short time they all knew it....and they all started to laugh....why???? Ok, don't laugh, plz...my name in Egyptian means....water (Ma'a)! :D

You may have heard (and/or experienced!) about 'the curse of the Pharohs'. Which means your intestines get confused. Well, we didn't have to worry about that at all! We were allowed to see the kitchen of the ship and they explained to us that every part of the meals: meat, vegetables, bread, desserts etc had its own section of the kitchen, with their own set of knives, plates, cutting boards etc. All vegetables and fruits were washed twice with mineral water! Great! No intestines trouble at all! The buffet meals were all very tasteful.

We were also allowed to see the bridge of the cruiseship and meet the Captain and the Assistant Captain (who both didn't speak a word of English :P). The spokesman told us that it is very difficult to sail the Nile, because of the changing tide, the channels and shallows and the lock at Esna. Therefore it is a job taught from father to son for generations. Apart from that it is not possible to become captain of a Nile cruiseship.

Out outside cabin was comfortable and spacious enough, but......we were right above the engines. My husband had not problems with that, he can sleep everywhere. But I can't, so not much sleep. But apart from that it was a great holiday in a wonderful country with very kind people.
the Crown Empress: full length
Sailors at work
One sailor saw me take a picture :)
They all three wanted to be pictur…

Compare Aswan Hotel Rates (4.8km away)

Iberotel Crown Empress Map