Iberia Airlines

Madrid, Spain

Iberia Airlines Madrid Reviews

GeorgeLeach GeorgeLe…
Poor for a national carrier Feb 09, 2013
Iberia is the Spanish national carrier operating out of Madrid and connecting across Spain via its subsidary Air Nostrum and across wider Europe and Latin America.

I flew with them from Madrid to Seville and the return and then from Madrid to London Heathrow. Terminal 4 and 4S in Madrid Barajas as deadicated to Iberia and it is part of the Oneworld alliance.

Personally I was unimpressed with Iberia for the simple reason that when I book with a scheduled national carrier, especially as I'd booked through their codeshare partners British Airways, I expect to get food and drink for free, not be charged. Didn't even get a free newspaper like I do with BA. Other than that the plane from Madrid to Seville wasn't very clean with peanuts on the seats in business class.

Not recommended. I can see why for many years Iberia has been loss-making.
lauro lauro
iberia airlines Feb 20, 2009
I flew from düsseldorf to madrid using iberia airlines for only 108 euros - 6 months booking, but hold on, though its cheap, there are no complimentary snacks inside the plane, the flight attendats are selling snacks and beverages, 5 euros per can of softdrinks - no way! Hahaha

its 2 hour flight of hunger, but nevertheless, i enjoyed the service of iberia air, as the flight attendants have this charming spanish attitude.
lauro says:
ahahahah aha! i know i feel like cheated here by the airline (not the staff) because its not a low cost airline! and i have to pay for drinks and food which they dont serve in a 2 hour 3o minutes flight! arrrgh!

but the staff are amazing! specially if you talk to them in spanish! ahahaha
Posted on: Jun 28, 2009
Flyinhigh says:
Ugh...Iberia? The worst flight I was ever on was Iberia between Madrid and Athens. As well, as an industry insider, I can say the consistently rank in the lower end when it comes to service. But hey, there are always those that are exceptions to the rule. :)
Posted on: Jun 27, 2009
world-traveller123 world-tr…
Iberia Airlines - My review Jun 27, 2009
Iberia Airlines is based out of Spain. I flew with them as an internal flight in Europe.

I flew with them from Ibiza to Barcelona, then from Barcelona to Athens, Greece.

This airline has a reputation for being really really bad. Being late, losing luggage, flying without people etc.

My experience with Iberia was quite positive. The plane was clean and on time. The staff were positive and good.

The food was decent on route and I was served well by the attendants.

Flight was all good and they seem to have a good selection of good looking attendants, who don't wear sweat pants. Which is good.

Overall, I would fly with the, again dispute all the bad publicity.

Thanks
Ok airline, nice colours
good flights

Related Travel Blogs About Iberia Airlines

Gran Canaria, island in the sun
  I always make my plan for my traveling at the end of each year. So I can plan my budget and also to have time to find out about my next destination. The last trip for 2006, I chose Gran Canar…Madrid taking Iberia Airlines to Las Palmas airport. I love Iberia because they have short film on the flight, only…
South Africa via Madrid, Spain
We are on the first leg, 9 hours, of the trip.  Arrived in Madrid via Iberia Airlines, early this morning to a beautiful sunrise.  An omen of things to come?  The airport is …Madrid via Iberia Airlines, early this morning to a beautiful sunrise.  An omen of things to come?  The airport…
An uruguayan in the good ol' Ireland
An Uruguayan in IrelandDuring long time I was interested in New Zealand. As a farmer, I thought New Zealand should be a dreamed place to have a practical experience working. I graze cattle for beef, …Iberia (don't recommend this airline) from Montevideo to Madrid, and from there to Dublin. I must be honest and tell…

Check Madrid Hotel Deals