IMAX Theater Keong Emas

Jakarta, Indonesia

IMAX Theater Keong Emas Jakarta Reviews

pearcetoyou pearceto…
IMAX Theater Keong Emas Aug 04, 2011
I didn’t even know Indonesia had an IMAX theater until we visited the one inside Taman Mini. This one is pretty much like all the ones I have been to back in the states, as far as the screen and sound system and seats are concerned. Beyond that, this IMAX kicks the competition in the ass!

The movie selection is partially different from what I’ve seen at home, but all of them looked very interesting. A couple they were showing that I recognized was “The Forces of Nature” and “T-Rex”. And some titles I didn’t recognize were “Journey to Mecca” and “Arabia: a story of the golden ages”. The one that we watched was “Indonesia Indah III”, a thoroughly entertaining and informative movie all about Indonesia.

The tickets are super cheap here. It costs 3USD for general seating (compared to about 15USD back home). But for 5USD you can get VIP seating, which means you don’t stand in line and they escort you in ahead of everyone else and seat you in the prime location. You even have your own armrests with each chair. Also, the VIPs have their own waiting room with private restrooms.

You can order your popcorn, drinks, and snacks out in the lobby. This is where I first tried the marshmallow popcorn. And it won’t break the bank to buy your movie snacks, either. If you make it out to Taman Mini, I suggest visiting the IMAX and watching the Indonesian movie.
The theater
Enjoying my marshmallow popcorn in…

Check Jakarta Hotel Deals