IL Cantuccio NYC

91 Christopher Street, New York, NY, USA
IL Cantuccio NYC - From the rear of the shop looking to the front.
IL Cantuccio NYC - The place.
IL Cantuccio NYC - My Sis who just wants to show off her new hat!
IL Cantuccio NYC - On Christopher Street.
IL Cantuccio NYC - The counter area,but there is more bread out of the picture to the left and right.

IL Cantuccio NYC New York Reviews

Sept922 Sept922
Wonderful Coffee & Italian Bread! Sep 27, 2011
On one of my recent trips into the New York City I discovered a little gem: IL Cantuccio, a small Italian bakery and catering service. My sister and I had just gotten off the train from New Jersey, across the river and were walking down Christopher Street in the West(Greenwich)Village. I noticed this place as we crossed Bleeker street in the corner of my eye as I was looking for some kind of cafe. This place was in what used to be an empty retail space just off of the corner of Christopher and Bleeker. It is less than 2 years old and I never paid attention until today. I am so glad I did. I thought the name was just a fancy way to get people inside but when I entered I was quite happy to find out it was authentic. A real Italian place. They have locations in Italy and even though there are others using a similar name elsewhere in the US, this one is directly linked to the one in Florence, Italy. I had the best Iced Latte I have ever had (but I am not a coffee expert so...)and they had too many baked goods to choose from.

They have many Filone and Schiacciata sandwiches and a couple of Pizzas and good sweets such as Pancioc (a round, soft bread with chocolate),and Pan di Ramerini ( a round bread with raisins and rosemary)and of course several kinds of Cantucci (Biscotti). They had a special menu of Brioche Sandwiches also. The young lady working the shop was from Italy with a thick Italian accent so if you know the lingo, give it a try. She was charming and happy and I will definitely be back more than once.
My Sis who just wants to show off …
On Christopher Street.
The place.
The counter area,but there is more…
Sept922 says:
Thanks.Quality bread and coffee.
Posted on: Nov 07, 2011
HuBison says:
Cool review-I am always looking for places to eat at or hang out at when I go up to NY for the holidays.
Posted on: Nov 07, 2011
dahling says:
Nice blog, now I am not only hungry, but i am also thinking about driving to Italy via Ferry this summer hahaha
Posted on: Sep 28, 2011