IHOP

661-254-1537

IHOP Stevenson Ranch Reviews

Africancrab Africanc…
Pancake Breafast May 10, 2013
We stopped for breakfast and decided to have the famous pancake breakfast. I regretted asking for it later because the amount of pancakes I got was almost embarrassing for one person to eat. American size they call it, but I think it is just sheer waste of food. When I asked the lady who served us to take back a couple of the pancakes, she said I could take a to-go bag and eat it later.

Now if you are like me, you know it is hard to eat cold pancakes. I looked at the service lady with a mind to tell her what I really thought, but I held my tongue for fear of causing a scene. Do not get me wrong, the pancakes were delicious. But I wish they would serve a decent size and wait for someone to ask for more if they want. In many countries of the world I have chanced to travel, food is treated with much respect and serving more than necessary is disrespectful.

After a decade of living in the United States, I still haven’t gotten used to seeing so much food served for either little or so much money. It is sheer wastefulness and it seems no one seems to care. It is no wonder that many Americans are obese. The large portions of food are not helpful to anyone, and the fact that restaurants, café’s or fast food places offer free refills for soft drinks does not help either.

My plate of pancakes was enough for 4 people and yet it was served to little me who managed to only eat one. My concern was leaving so much on my plate because it looked like I did not like what was on my plate. For once I found myself feeling really uncomfortable in a chain restaurant. Normally I would bag the left over, but this was nothing I could bag and I really did not want to. I could not give it away either because we were at one of those establishments close to the freeway, in a relatively busy location.

I wish many restaurants would cut down on portions if for nothing else, to look classy and high end.

The price was decent and we all had a filling breakfast. For once I got my tea actually hot enough, normally it is lukewarm.

PS: "If it looks good, eat it" - Andrew Zimmermann
Africancrab says:
Nolan, I know what you are talking about. I too normally will wait for the craze to die down.
Posted on: May 27, 2013
nolan says:
Hi Harriet, IHOP is the latest craze here in Metro Manila (Philippines). The lines are fantastic, just like when Krispy Kreme opened a few years back. I'll just wait for the novelty to die down before I probably dine at the local IHOP joint - anyway, it's a few miles away from home.

Cheers
Posted on: May 27, 2013
Chokk says:
I meant way too much ! Damn fingers !
Posted on: May 26, 2013