IHOP Restaurant

www.ihop.com - (757)625-2866

IHOP Restaurant Norfolk Reviews

lulusartshack lulusart…
Pancakes... at any hour! Nov 30, 2007
While part of a very huge and fatty American chain, this particular IHOP is near and dear to my heart. Being a night-shifter, even when I'm not working, I'm natuarally a night owl, any place that can provide the same service at 2am as it can at 4pm, ranks high in my book. Unlike some IHOP's in town, that serve a reduced menu after 11pm, this one has a full menu at all hours, every day!

Of course there's nothing special or unique about the menu, it's the same as every other IHOP in the country. Your standard pancakes, omlettes, sandwiches, burgers, steaks, and fried stuff. They actually do a decent job at it here, and the only thing I would definitely not recomend is the steak (I mean come on, you're at an IHOP, what would you expect???)

And for IHOP newbies, what would I recomend? Anything with eggs, hash browns and/or bacon (at any hour of course), the turkey club sandwich, the burgers, fried anything, the corn-meal pancakes, and the nut and grain pancakes. I don't have much of a sweet tooth, but the pancake "specials" that they might be running at the moment also seem to be popular.

The endless pot-of-coffee is awesome as well, whether clearing up a hangover and to keep you awake after a long night-shift.

Grant it, it's nothing gourmet. The reason this particular IHOP was frequented was because of a slightly better food prep, better cleanliness, full menu all the time, and friendly servers (oh yes, they knew us... they knew us well...). I usually ended up in here after a night of heavy drinking or a long night at the hospital, it's actually the first place my husband wanted to eat after a deployment (why? something about big meaty burger and pancakes...), but all the delicious greasy-ness sure hits the spot!

And if you happen to be the only customers in the wee hours on a weekday morning, you might end up with a MAMMOTH omelette and the biggest pancakes you've ever seen.

Check Norfolk Hotel Deals