IFA Continental Hotel

Check Playa del Ingles Hotel Deals

IFA Continental Hotel Playa del Ingles Reviews

spacedoutcat spacedou…
Lovely Hotel & Great location May 21, 2016
I travelled to Gran Canaria for a solo holiday at IFA Continental at the beginning of December 2014. My stay was for a week. In general I'd say there isn't too much bad to say about the hotel. Food was lovely, staff in all areas were generally very friendly and I met a lot of lovely people during my stay. The whole resort mainly consists of German tourists though I did meet a few English. During my stay at the hotel, I found no english people during the first couple of days but as the week went on, there was generally a good mix of all nationalities. I only say this as I know it affects some people. As it happens, I made friends with people of all nationalities so it doesn't affect me so much.

THE ROOM

I was in one of the second floor rooms and being at the end of the corridor I just had sight of the sea from my balcony, though you wouldn't call it a proper sea view. The room was quite spacious and well decorated in standard hotel fare. It was kept spotlessly clean by the cleaners during the week. I didn't really use the balcony much but again, this was very spacious.

FOOD

Food is often one of the most complained about areas by hotel guests anywhere, but quite often people fail to take all things into account. Remember you're in a foreign country. If you want the best english steak and chips, you probably want a hotel in England not Spain. Anyway, here I found the food was gorgeous. Plenty of variety each night and during the week. The food was generally hot unless you turned up very late to that particular sitting so its usually advised to not leave things too late if you're really fussy.

POOL AREA

The pool area was decorated with some beautiful foliage and there was generally not too much of a problem getting a subbed. There was an issue with people reserving sunbeams at 8am then disappearing but the hotel has a policy of removing all towels from sunbeds at around 10am to avoid this. The only issue with the pool area is that it is on the wrong side of the hotel so only gets the sun for a short while. This is ok if you just want to chill but for full-on sunbathing, its probably best down the beach.

ENTERTAINMENT

The entertainment was standard hotel holiday fare, a bit cheesy but still good fun in places. The Animations team were very friendly and tried to get to know people during the week. Much of the entertainment really depends on the hotel guests ....if they join in, then the atmosphere is great and everyone has fun. If none takes part then things don't go so well.

LOCATIOn

This has to be the best located hotel in the resort. Only a very short 5 minute walk to the beach and not to near the resort centre but near enough for a short walk in the evening. The clubs and bars in the various centres of Playa del Ingles are fairly dated as is the whole resort, and it still has the feel of a 70s resort in many ways, although the holiday population is more German than English these days.

Check Playa del Ingles Hotel Deals