I don't want a &#*@$ Tuk Tuk, Suit, or Massage THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Phuket, Thailand

I don't want a &#*@$ Tuk Tuk, Suit, or Massage THANK YOU VERY MUCH Phuket Reviews

JRep JRep
Avoid the Tuk Tuks Jul 14, 2011
The Tuk Tuks are usually a scam in BKK. If you are looking to get around make sure to get a real Taxi that has the meter running. Also, never give into any offer to take you anywhere for free or different than you already wanted to go. In the end you will be paying more money and have items you didnt want. In other words, just stand your ground.
IvanG IvanG
Apr 07, 2007
The Name of the subject is taken from the writing on a shirt that you can buy from any vendor on Patong Beach. It symbolizes the 3 things that will annoy you within a day or two of your stay in Phuket. So here's a quick round-down & tips:

Tuk-tuk's: they are everywhere, and chances are you will have to take them at least once. Some drivers will try to rip you off. One night we were in a restaraunt quiet far from Patong Beach and wanted to get back there. The only Tuk Tuk driver available would only take us back for 200 Baht (the ride up to the restaraunt cost us 150). He even offered to take us to a very "happening" place. Ended up bringing us to the only bar in town that had ABSOLUTELY NO ONE in it! (I guess some of these guys get commission from bars if they bring people there) And then when we gave him 1000 Baht, he acted stupid and tried to give us back only 700 in change. Nice try buddy.

Suits: Annoying salesmen will stand outside the taylor shops and aggressively come after you as you are walking down the street. They will say stuff like "My friend where are you from"... "My friend do you need a suit" (hint: anyone who does not know your name, is not your friend). And the most irritating part is they will physically grab your arm as you are walking by them (won't do this to girls though).

Massages: If a bunch of young cute Thai girls are standing outside a massage parlor calling you to come in and get a massage at their place - they are hookers, and you will get a lot more then a massage. If there is a not so pretty mid-aged lady sitting outside a massage parlor and just waiting, then that is a decent massage place without any "happy ending" offers.
inirr says:
Thanks for the review. This is what i've been looking for...a true expression from the turist.
It's good info for people like me who's never been to phuket.
Thx alot man!:D
Posted on: Feb 17, 2008

Related Travel Blogs About I don't want a &#*@$ Tuk Tuk, Suit, or Massage THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Travel blog so far
January 03 2007     Oliver. You’re late! Carl barked at me. We had scheduled a meeting to run through the current situation on the recruitment sales pipeline.  I checked my watch…Phuket crossed the Andaman sea and skirted along the Malaysian and Thai coast, hundreds of Limestone Islands and peaks rose dramatically out of the sea making the trip a surreal…

Check Phuket Hotel Deals