I Residence Hotel Sathorn Bangkok

I Residence Hotel Sathorn Bangkok Rates and Deals

I Residence Hotel Sathorn Bangkok Reviews

jeffisontravel jeffison…
A great value, nice little spot Nov 14, 2009
I want to preface this with the note that I have never stayed anywhere other than 5+ star hotels, but my girlfriend booked this so it wasn't my choice. I originally hated it (first few hours), but by the next day I loved it. This hotel is not 5 stars, but it has everything that has always annoyed me about everywhere else I have stayed. I am in the most economy room, and I have free internet wifi, a full size fridge and microwave, a safe, desk, cable tv, the shower is three times as big as the elevator, and the air conditioner is room controlled which means if you want you can make it an ice palace in about 15 minutes. The hotel is also fairly small and the staff is consistent so they know you, and for the first time I don't feel like a stranger at my hotel. Parking didn’t seem busy but I noticed other comments from other sites that this is the main complaint. One thing that I've noticed more than anything else is that they don't nickle and dime you for everything, and anything they can think of that could make you more comfortable they've already included without additional cost. I will add that if you like to live in your hotel you probably won't like it here as there is only one small restaurant with limited room service and a workout room with no air conditioning in it. I am staying here for $50/night and have free breakfast where I was running about $150/night at the Conrad, didn't have a microwave so I couldn't bring home food or store room service leftovers, had no control over my A/C, and was forking out a fortune on never-ending add on fees. I love the Conrad, but I use to just stick my head in a hole when it came to fees and pretend it was normal. Location here wasn’t perfect, but dropping around $2 a trip for tuk-tuk’s around where I wanted to go was worth the savings. The staff were average, but if they didn't know something you asked them, you could expect a phone call after about 20 minutes when they had the time to research your question (places, things) to get you a valid answer. They recently changed the name to the I-Residence, so eventually this is going to need to be updated on another review.

I Residence Hotel Sathorn Bangkok Overview

The I Residence Bangkok is situated centrally within the commercial district of the city. Guests will enjoy close proximity to the Paragon and World Trade shopping centers. The Ratchadamri Golf Course is approximately 15 minutes from the hotel for guests who wish to enjoy the outdoor activity. In addition, guests will find nearby dining options and nightlife venues. The Suvarnabhumi International Airport is approximately 15 minutes from the accommodation. In addition, both the Sky Train and the metro stations are within a short walking distance of the hotel.

Guestrooms available at the I Residence Bangkok Hotel include an array of amenities, such as air-conditioning, satellite television, DVD players, direct-dial telephones, coffeemakers, in-room safes, private balconies, and private bathrooms with hairdryers and separate showers.

A modern accommodation, the hotel features traditional décor and all wood furnishings. Amenities of the hotel include a business center, a restaurant, a bar, a fitness center, and a swimming pool. The hotel also offers complimentary wireless Internet access available throughout the facility.

I Residence Hotel Sathorn Amenities

• Facsimile
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Steam Room
  • Steam Bath
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes