I Am Pho Vietnamese

George Street, Manchester, United Kingdom

I Am Pho Vietnamese Manchester Reviews

sarahelaine sarahela…
Great Pho Sep 07, 2012
I Am Pho Vietnamese is on George Street, in Manchester’s China Town, and it is my current Favourite Thing. Down a little staircase, into a room decorated in what I like to think of as “anonymous Asian takeaway” style, you wouldn’t know that it is one of the best takeaways in Manchester. It specialises in pho, of course. If you are eating in, this comes in an enormous bowl, and if you are eating out then they give you the noodles and herbs in a different container from the broth so that none of it gets overcooked. It is this sort of attention to detail that is so impressive.

The pho was amazing, too – lovely broth, perfectly seasoned, and nice flat noodles. I was really, really happy.

The staff were lovely, too – I got some nice tea to drink, for free, whilst I waited for my noodles (and they were happy for me to stay and finish it even after the noodles arrived). The staff were chatty and friendly without being intrusive.

If you are eating in, it’s worth noting that they serve Saigon Export, which they tell me is basically 333

labeled up for the export market. I have very happy memories of 333 so I will be trying it next time I’m there.

A huge portion of pho is about £7.50, which isn’t all that cheap, but it’s a lot cheaper than eating anywhere that is as good as they are.

In terms of taste they easily compete with the celebrity-chef fronted Malaysian at Ning or the Gordon-Ramsey winning Sweet Mandarin (both of which I love and recommend, by the way), and this one's far cheaper.

Well worth a visit.
davidx says:
You have persuaded me - thank you.
Posted on: Sep 11, 2012