Hydroponicum

Hydroponicum - OLD Hydroponicum 6

Hydroponicum Achiltibuie Reviews

davidx davidx
A strange find here but very interesting Nov 07, 2010
If, like me. you visited this place before 2008 and would like to go again, do look at the website because it has moved.

For those who don't know (I didn't until I went) hydroponics is a system of growing flowers or vegetables without using soil. Again the website has explanations of how this is done.

I suppose that hydroponics can be done anywhere but I still find it amusing to read that the Hydroponicum is the only place n Achiltibuie where you can see it. Achiltibuie is far from being a metropolis! What does seem surprising is that the only place I know of this nature should be in a remote small village.

I can certainly vouch for the quality of the flowers and the fruit seen growing in the old building when we visited and I am sure that as much is on offer now.
OLD Hydroponicum 1
OLD Hydroponicum 2
OLD Hydroponicum 3
OLD Hydroponicum 4

Related Travel Blogs About Hydroponicum

Hydroponicum
No offence intended but there may be some TBs who are as ignorant as I was about this. Hydroponics is a system of growing vegetables, floewers or other plants using mineral supplements and water but …Achiltibuie is the sort that would be drawn to a hydroponicum. It was not entirely correct because the hydroponicum would…

Compare Polbain Hotel Rates (2.1km away)

Achiltibuie Map