Hyatt Regency

Taba Heights, Egypt

Hyatt Regency Taba Heights Reviews

thompssx thompssx
cheap holiday sun five hours from uk Apr 28, 2011
If you are expecting a 5 star US or UK standard Hyatt Hotel, you will be disappointed. The reason why these holidays are so reasonable is because we are talking about Egypt here. That said it's not a bad standard and compared to the other 5 star hotels on the resort, it matches or betters them. We went for the half Board option and if possible, I'd recommend B&B. The Half Board option is great value but it is buffet style. There are several other restaurants in the hotel that you can use and you have to pay additional costs as they are al a carte. You also have the option of getting credit to other hotels and restaurants in the resort twice a week. The credit only amounts to a free starter or pud so it's not that great a deal. We ate out most nights and the meals for two ranged from 27 to 70 GBP. the most expensive being at a 'British Pub' (yes, we wouldn't normally hit this type of place) but they serve great currys and we hit the bar that night....

There is a free bus that transports you around the resort that is really handy but don't bother looking at the timetable... they are frequent but not regular if that makes any sense?

Rule of thumb of any holiday is would I go back again? YES I would and furthermore I wouldn't choose any other hotel on this resort
sid583 sid583
Aug 10, 2007
The Hyatt Regency claims to be a 5 star hotel but for British standards I would say it was a 3 maybe going onto 4.

From what I gather everyone that stays is on half board so breakfast and dinner is included as a buffet style. The breakfast is extremely good here with everything you could want from pastries to fry ups, just be aware that the bacon and sausages are made of beef. Dinner is a bit hit and miss but on the whole was good.

The hotel grounds are great, it is different from all the other hotels as it is not high rise like the rest, instead all the rooms are in small blocks of about 10 and none are higher than 3 storeys so it gives it a nice cosy feeling. The rooms are large and very clean (maid comes twice a day) and well equipped all except for a kettle.

The Hotel is situated on a man made beach but to be honest you would never tell, and is situated right by a reef with some great snorkelling opportunities.

The only advice I could give is try to avoid the hotel in kids summer holidays as locals get half price rooms and come in their droves and I mean like minimum 10 to a family. They have a total disregard of anyone else in the hotel and sadly wreck the place especially their kids. Many complaints were made from many people and staff tried to get some order but to no avail.

All in all it is a very good friendly hotel just not 5 star.
A view of the Lagoon sea water pool
View from our balcony