Hyatt Regency Mumbai

Hyatt Regency Mumbai Rates and Deals

Hyatt Regency Mumbai Reviews

sam_wanderer sam_wand…
Hyatt Regency Mumbai Jun 14, 2011
This was my first stay with the Hyatt Regency hotel Mumbai as I already own a place in Mumbai. I had heard a lot about the Hyatt group, but my stint was even more fascinating. Loved the food here and the couteous nature of hotel employees. I had Non-Veg & Veg Platter, Biryani, all of which were authentic & tasty. Room service was quick and the interiors quite attractive. The best part is that the hotel is too close to the Domestic and the International airport in Mumbai which makes business travel very convenient. The restricted access in elevators is also a good thinking, adds to the security, esp during a phase when the whole world is under threat from terrorist attacks.

Elegantly designed rooms are very good.Each hotel room has a luxurious bathroom with a separate step-down bath and rain shower, innovative glass vanities and exceptional lighting. Equipped with truly functional workstations, flat-screen televisions, executive bars, tea and coffee-making facilities and an in-room electronic safes are very nice to stay in.

Now lets talk about the cons:

1. Wi-Fi despite being unreasonably expensive (Around Rs 500/hour) is pathetic. I wonder why hotels with such expensive room rates don't provide the usage of internet for free? There are infinite 2, 3 & 4 starts where broadband internet usage is complimentary.

2. Immediate portion at the entrance of the building needs a revamp although the lobby is beautiful.

3. Location is pathetic. Don't have much to do in this area. Unless you are here only for a business trip (located close to domestic & international Airports), you might want to re-think on your stay here.

4. No beach

5. Food & service charges were off the charts.

6. Construction activity around the hotel. This might be temporary.
dave_cambodia dave_cam…
Emergency 5* living Mar 10, 2009
Ok, so I don't normally stay in 5* hotels, though I have worked in a few so know how they work... the story goes like this :

After a nightmare 20 hour bus ride back from Goa to Mumbai in July (yes, monsoon season) we arrive in the outskirts of the city with the bus driver telling us to get off, we have 8 hours before our flight so decide to take a rickshaw to Colaba, the rickshaw driver just laughs at us, after much wandering a local takespity on us and asks where we need to go, we tell him and he explains that the whole city is flooded and walks us up a bridge where we can see a river, and a river of people walking through it, but it wasn't normally a river, normally it was a road. The water was waist deep. We get general directions to the airport and start walking, a bottle of Fenny gets opened and we walk, and walk and walk. We arrive at the airport to be told that there are no flights, and no-one from our airline had made it into work (Thanks BMI). So we need a hotel, there are 4 or 5 around the airport, all 5*, so we choose the Hyatt. At first they are skeptical about giving us a room, then the Visa card comes out and its all "king size or 2 queen size beds sir?". The hotel itself was nice, though at 24000R a night it should be. We managed to get a few of the luxuries we missed from home, such as salad with cherry tomatoes, parma ham etc. I had the best Long Island Iced Tea there that I have ever had, the staff were friendly once they realised we could pay the bill, the pool was shut but it didn't really matter. Nice restaraunts, really nice bathrooms. Not a bad way to spend an extra 4 days, they even called the airport every 4 or 5 hours for us for 4 days to find out about our flights. I wouldn't pay that again but in an emergency it was nice to live in luxury for a while. I gave the location a 1 because unless you are having meetings or flying out really soon its only really useful for the airport.
Eric says:
Thanks for the review!
Posted on: Jun 29, 2009
jhwelsch jhwelsch
Elegant modern hotel Jan 25, 2005
Having arrived in a much-delayed flight and having an early AM departure, my stay was painfully brief; actually, I think I was under their room all of about 5 or 6 hours! However, the hotel was magnificent and a peaceful respite in a hectic trip. Perhaps the most strikingly modern hotel I've stayed in, the lobby was absolutely beautiful. My room, though quite small, was very pleasant and the bathroom was starkly modern. Breakfast in the large dining room was excellent with both Indian and western cuisine available. I did little more than look out at the pool area but I was wishing I had time to loaf there; I'd like to have been able to stay a lot longer.

Hyatt Regency Mumbai Overview

Guests of the Hyatt Regency Hotel Mumbai will find that the Bandra Kurla Complex is just a short drive from the hotel, as are a number of popular tourist attractions, eateries, shops, and pubs. The Hyatt Regency Hotel Mumbai is less than a mile from the international airport and is actually within walking distance of the domestic airport. Guests will have no trouble finding transportation that can take them to the airports or to other areas in Mumbai.

The Hyatt Regency Hotel Mumbai features 397 rooms. The rooms include safes, coffeemakers, mini bars, satellite television, high-speed Internet access, and much more.

The hotel features onsite restaurants where guests can find seafood, pasta, vegetarian cuisine, and more. The hotel also has an onsite bar where guests can relax with a drink, and a lounge that serves afternoon tea and desserts. The Hyatt Regency Hotel Mumbai also has meeting spaces and a 24-hour business center. The hotel has a spa and fitness center as well.

Hyatt Regency Amenities

• Massage
  • Steam Bath
  • Body Treatments
  • Facial Treatments
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes