Hyatt Regency Cancun

Hyatt Regency Cancun Rates and Deals

Hyatt Regency Cancun Reviews

barney75 barney75
Decent Hotel, Excellent location Jul 13, 2011
We took a Taxi from the airport to the hotel which was convenient for us after a long flight from Canada.

When we got to the hotel we were promptly greeted by the friendly staff who took care of out luggage. This hotel had a very institutional feel about it. It was very almost like something out of an older Sci-Fi movie with its unique interior design. It seemed like a very clean well run hotel. We were escorted up to the top floor to check in in the ocean club room. I think the lower floor rooms are alot cheaper but i think they only sell those to locals because i did not see them on expedia.

The room was modern, clean and neat with a nice ocean view from the balcony. The flat screen TV was nice and the bathroom was adequate. Down stairs there is a a couple of nice restaurants one was a buffet style but closed at noon each day so if you like to sleep in like i do you will probably have to eat at the poolside restaurant or take a walk down the street. The pool was nice and it is just a short walk to the beach which was awesome.

The best thing about this hotel is the location. If you like to go clubbing at night this hotel is very close to all of the action. It is about a 5-10 minute walk from all of the big night clubs in Cancun.

I would say for the price it is a decent hotel and would probably stay there again but i would try to get one of the lower floors to save money.
DukeTravel DukeTrav…
Lost Child to a great Hotel Chain Jun 23, 2011
Good was the locaciĆ³n, bad was the value of the cost for the price of the Hyatt establishment.

When I got to the hotel, I exchanged a few words with a fellow American... and he warned me, he said, "If you haven't checked in, yet, you should leave now." He said this in the elevator, as if to say, "run whilst you still can..."

Why didn't I listen to this guy. I figured he was just grumbling, but he told me exactly what would happen....and it did!

** shower wouldn't drain... I don't mind swimming, but now in the shower

** faucet water smelled horrible

** toilet wouldn't flush

** wash cloths were like cardboard

** bed is like the Flinstones

The Spa was excellent. I got a haircut for a standard price. Probably paid a little more than the actual value but that made the stay worth it. The grounds are extremely well kept, and the Spa was---for me---a redeeming quality.

The lobby is very spacious, and most of the art gives the hotel a welcoming feeling, but once you step into your room, the bar lowers to the ground. And why... how... how can mess up Spaghetti???

I thought it was impossible but they did it.

Kids are going hungry in the world, there are a lot of smoldering issues... But if you ask my opinion about this Hyatt I do not recommend it at all.
Petricka Petricka
Great for partiers! Apr 24, 2010
My friend and I stayed there just for one weekend, but if I come back I`ll choose the Hyatt again. All the staff was really nice, friendly and warm. We got even the ocean view room...despite we didn`t pay for it. Location is great...close enough to go for quick change from highheels to flats:-)) I also strongly recommend Strawberry Daiquiri from donstairs pool bar!! The deal came with flight also, and a friendly person from travel agency with office in lobby helped us with our ziplining trip, and tickets to COCO BONGO and The CITY!!!
Our amazing view!
mayloo mayloo
Great value for your buck in a great location! Oct 19, 2010
Stayed here recently. October 2010 for 3 nights 4 days before heading to Puerto Morelos.

First thought: Interesting architect. It's like a dome inside.

My room: Interesting smell to the room. neither good or bad. just smelled super earthy. HIGHLY suggest you get a room with ocean view--it's fantastic! The beds are fabulous.

SUPER close to "the strip" Coco Bongo, The City, Roo, other tourist "it" spots. GO TO Carlos and Charlies for a MEMORABLE dinner ;) but remember to bring your sense of humour!

Rooms were well cleaned and bottled water avail all the time.

Staff is super friendly and helpful. Beach location is on the quiet side. Had their own palapas and chairs. drink service is offered.

I would definitely stay there again.
bebesilvers bebesilv…
Convenient and affordable hotel Jul 26, 2008
Positives

*Hotel staff and front desk friendly and happy to help.

*The hotel is a high rise with fast elevators (minus one time when someone hit all the floors.)

*The beds were very comfortable. (I shared a bed with my friend and was barely disturbed when she got in and out)

*The pool was clean and pleasant.

*The view from the balcony was awesome.

*Very affordable when booked as a package with flight

Negatives

*The water had a certain funk smell to it which after staying there seemed to linger. Not pleasant at all. The bathroom on the other hand was quite nice but the odor from the water was too much.

*The woman who gave massages at the spa spoke little to none english.

*The excursions were expensive through the hotel. (You can find it cheaper on the street, just make very clear you do not want to hear the time share spiel)

*No beach area with no shuttle to beach front
Marina2710 Marina27…
Nice Hotel-No Beach Sep 01, 2008
The hotel was nice. I got a great package deal through travelocity so I did not actually pay the hotel usual rates. We went at the beginning of September and the weather was still at some points unbearably hot.

One this is-this hotel does NOT have its own beach section. It is located on the rocks and we had to walk about 10 minutes to another hotels beach.

Hyatt Regency Amenities

• Spa & Wellness Centre
  • Beauty Salon
  • Body Treatments
  • Facial Treatments
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes
  • Self Laundry
  • Free Parking

Related Travel Blogs About Hyatt Regency Cancun

Cancun
    Our plane left from Regan National Airport in Washington, DC at 3:30pm.  Our flight left to DC and had a lay over in Miami for about and hour or so.  Our seats were separ…hotel zone as we made our way to Hyatt Regency Cancun; which was the first hotel we had stayed…

Check Hyatt Regency Rates and Deals