Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach

Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach Rates and Deals

Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach Honolulu Reviews

sweetsummerdaiz sweetsum…
Ocean Resort Hotel - great location, cheap, and clean Nov 07, 2008
After reading multiple books about O'ahu (my favorite was O'ahu Revealed), I elected to book my 1 week vacation at this hotel.

There are two towers, the Pali (which is updated) and the Diamond, which has nice ocean views but the rooms are really, really old and worn.

I tipped the cleaning staff $2 each morning and left a note what I wanted in the room for towels, shampoo, etc. and they provided quick, effecient service like on a cruiseship!

The room was almost shocking how worn it was, but after a few days I didn't notice anymore. All smoke-free, the beds were clean and comfortable (which is good since I ended up quite sick with a cold and spent a full day in the room).

The restaurant was cheap, but it didn't look appealing to me so I ate down the block at Tiki's, which is a great restaurant and bar at the Resortquest, with a great ocean view for sunsets. Also, Sansei, the best sushi on the island, was across the street at the Marriott.

I found the check-in staff to be not very friendly, but the tour-booking guide made up for that. Upon check-in I did not get the freebie coupons that came with the booking, but I didn't ask for them either. Check-in was smooth and quick, and they did provide me with the best view of the ocean as requested.

This hotel as in the perfect location~ close to all bus routes, quiet, convenient and well lit at night to the beach and restaurants, safe, and has an ABC concenience store about 2 doors down where I bought coffee and pineapple for breakfast every morning.

The pool here is unpleasant so I avoided it. I would definitely stay here again, as I thought it was a good value. At $70 per night for an oceanview room, the deal can't be beat on Waikiki.

My room was 1207~ the 12th floor of the Diamond Tower.
My room at the Castle Ocean Resort.
View from my hotel room, #1207. Be…
The front of my hotel.
Eric Eric
Feb 19, 2006
The rooms here are not incredibly elegant, and you're not likely to get an impressive view of the beach, but for price and location this hotel is quite good. Whereas most hotels along this stretch are quite expensive, a room for two at the Ocean Resort should only cost around $80. If you are really desperate to save money, you can cram four people to a room and have two people sleep on the floor somewhat comfortably. As mentioned before, the location is very good. It's only a block or so to the main strand along the beach. If you are going to be out of the hotel and enjoying the sun for most of your stay here anyway, I think the relative lack of amenities in the rooms shouldn't prove too troublesome.

Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach Overview

The Ocean Resort Hotel Waikiki is conveniently located just outside of the city center. Guests are within walking distance of the Honolulu Zoo, Kapiolani Park, the Waikiki Aquarium, and the popular International Marketplace. The world-famous Diamond Head site is nearby and so too are the Hawaii Convention Center and the Honolulu Stadium. The Ocean Resort Hotel Waikiki is located at 175 Paoakalani Ave. and is 6.7 miles from the Honolulu International Airport.

Bedrooms in the Ocean Resort Hotel Waikiki are outfitted with a full-sized bathroom with tub, in room movies, a minibar, a personal safe, climate controls, satellite TV, direct dial phone service, a mini-fridge and microwave, a beverage station, high-speed Internet access, and wake up service.

Those staying in the Ocean Resort Hotel Waikiki will be able to take advantage of many services and facilities during their visit, including the 24-hour front desk service, a currency exchange, a modern fitness room, free parking on the premises, golf course access, laundry and dry cleaning services, a swimming pool, banqueting facilities, meeting and conference rooms, and an in-house restaurant.

Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach Amenities

• Excursions
  • Desk
  • Direct dial phone
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower