Hyatt French Quarter

Check New Orleans Hotel Deals

Hyatt French Quarter New Orleans Reviews

ahtibat17 ahtibat17
Located in the Heart of the French Quarter Jun 23, 2013
I booked the Hyatt French Quarter Hotel from the Expedia app on my phone, as we were driving south to New Orleans. We chose it as a result of the lcoation, right in the heart of the French Quarter. It is located on Iberville Street, near Bourbon Street. Being completely unfamiliar with New Orleans, we had to GPS the address, and even with that is was a little tricky to find. The entrance is on the corner, with one of the streets being a one-way. Plus, we arrived nearly at 11 PM, on a Sunday night during a holiday week; the streets were crowded with pedestrians.

Once we were at the hotel, I went inside to get checked in. I was greeted by a super-friendly staffmember. It was a speedy check-in. I was a little leery, considering I had booked on a phone app, but no problems whatsoever. In addition to the $110 rate, the valet parking fee ($36 for overnight) had to be paid for at this time, too.

When I got back out to the car, the parking attendant was MIA, so my sister and I got a luggage cart, and loaded it up ourselves. She was going to stay with the car until someone came, but the valet appeared. Also MIA was a luggage porter, so we took it upon ourselves to take in the luggage cart, which we are perfectly capable in doing so. But, once we got inside, a porter appeared, and took the cart the rest of the way to our room.

The room was a nice size, but with the three of us, and all our luggage, there wasn't much room to space. There were two queen-size beds, one of which I had to share qith my sister. The bed was okay, not overly comfortable, but not bad. Our room overlooked the hotel's courtyard. Upon exploring the hotel, we also found the pool. It was open, but we thought it'd be too chilly. Despite being New Orleans, it was December, and the temperature was only in the upper 60s.

We also checked out the Powdered Sugar Cafe in the lobby area of the hotel, which offered a la carte bakery and pastry items, but passed on these. $12 for a croissant was a little much.

Overall, the Hyatt French Quarter wasn't bad at all, and I will keep it in mind if I return to NOLA. (I have no pictures because my camera was lost during this trip.)

Hyatt French Quarter Overview

Centrally located in the French Quarter, this hotel in New Orleans is a great base for both the leisure and business traveler. The Hyatt French Quarter is in a prime spot, bordering Bourbon, Canal, Iberville, and Dauphine Streets. Guests will find it easy to get to many of the finest attractions of the city, like world renowned jazz clubs and restaurants, the Louisiana Superdome, Harrah’s Casino, the Mississippi riverboats, and the many art galleries and museums of the area. The Hyatt French Quarter is located at 800 Iberville Street in the French Quarter.

The 251 guest rooms of the Hyatt French Quarter offer coffee makers, mini-bars, cable TV, Nintendo, and Internet access. Some rooms feature a balcony overlooking the French Quarter. Refrigerators are available upon request.

The Hyatt French Quarter is reminiscent of it’s pre-Civil war origins. Originally built in 1849, the hotel was renovated in 2005. Ralph Brennan’s Red Fish Grille, one of the city’s most popular restaurants, and the Clock Bar, calls the hotel home. Guest amenities include an enclosed, outdoor pool, a courtyard, a poolside bar, concierge services, and a souvenir shop. For business visitors, the hotel features over 10,000 square feet of meeting and function space, and a 24-hour business center with two computers. Pets are welcome.

Hyatt French Quarter Amenities

• Computer
  • Direct dial phone
  • Audio/Visual Equipment
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower