Huyenty Fashion

10 Au Trieu, Hanoi, Vietnam

Huyenty Fashion Hanoi Reviews

kebrunn kebrunn
Explore Custom Clothing Jun 24, 2008
One of the things I like best about traveling in Asian countries is the availability of certain little luxuries that are far beyond my means in the US. My favorite is buying tailor made clothes--nothing looks better than clothing that is made to fit, plus it's a really interesting and practical souvenir. In some cities in Vietnam and Thailand, its hard to walk anywhere without passing dozens of shops all vying for your business (especially on the silk street in Hanoi). Many shops advertise their ability to copy looks from major fashion houses, but I prefer the smaller establishments specializing in original designs.

While walking with a friend my first day in Hanoi I came across one such shop called Huyenty Fashion. The business seems to be run entirely by one woman and she's there all day, every day--working on new designs or putting the finishing touches on completed garments when there are no customers. Huyenty specializes in womens' tops and dresses in cotton, linen, and silk (sorry guys, but I'll have other reviews for you later-- my friend Colin bought many a suit in Thailand). Many of the pieces have some basis in the traditional Ao Dai but are modified in ways to make them perfectly wearable at home without looking like you're headed to a costume party.

We all ended up very very pleased. Everything was completed on time and with impeccable workmanship. I paid $50US for a cotton wrap dress-- not necessarily a savings over what one would pay at home, but you'd never get something tailor fit at that price and the thin cotton material ended up being a blessing in the Southeast Asian summertime. Huyenty is very convenient if you are staying on Ngo Huyen, where the HI hostel and many other affordable hotels are located-- since you know you have to go back to pick up your purchase later, its nice to stick close to home base.
dreamdreamdreamin says:
This is also actually one of my interests, to get myself a souvenir of traditional wears from the country I have visited. Good job! :)
Posted on: Sep 04, 2015
kumikob says:
Thank you for this information; I've been looking forward to doing the same thing, and it's great to know a good local shop run by a hard working woman! How long does it usually take to finish the dress? I want to plan my trip accordingly. Best, Kumiko
Posted on: Jun 02, 2010