Huy Hoang Hotel

Check Can Tho Hotel Deals

Huy Hoang Hotel Can Tho Reviews

tj1777 tj1777
Decent budget hotel in the center Apr 06, 2014
It is pretty easy for us to get to this hotel - since we are doing a 3 day 2 night tour of the Mekong Delta the tour bus simply roles up outside the door and we grab our bag and go inside to check in. it works pretty quickly just giving our names and then we get a key for the room. The hotel seems to be pretty cheap - probably around 10-12 dollars according to the signs.

The reception is at an open area facing the quite street outside - there isn’t actually a wall towards the street and half of the front is taken up by the reception area while the other half is a parking space for a car. I suppose this car belongs to either the owner or manager of the hotel and not any of the guests. It is not so common I see hotels with a parking facility like this.

The hotel is fairly centrally located in the middle of Can To and easy walking distance to the Mekong River - I guess the center of the city is sufficiently small to ensure most hotels will be sort of centrally located so I am not sure how much of an advantage this hotel has compared to other hotels location wise.

The room is a couple of floors up and since this is sort of a budget hotel there is no lift so we have to carry our stuff ourselves to the room. We get inside and it is the room. It is a budget hotel - so there isn’t much except the basics. There are a couple of beds, and chairs, a table and a fridge. In addition to this there is an air condition and it appears the staff is eager to show it is actually working. The air-con has been turned to max and the room is freezing I guess it is around 16 degrees. So we get the chills after being outside in the hot and humid condition all day. The only thing there is to do is to turn up the air-con to a more reasonable temperature.

It turns out the room is pretty quite at night time and during the morning. We are not bothered by noise from the streets around the hotel.

The bathroom sort of match the room - there was what you would expect and not much more. But there was hot and cold water coming out of the shower head and towels were provided so the shower fulfilled its purpose.

The breakfast was pretty basic with a couple of pieces of French style bread and some eggs. In addition you could have coffee or tea and a couple of bananas. I am not sure if they had a Vietnamese breakfast option as well - I wasn’t all that tempted of trying the local breakfast. That’s the only meal where I am not adventurous enough to go local style and I prefer my European style of food.
Bed
Second bed
Bathroom
The reception
gingerbatik gingerba…
Basic Clean Hotel Jun 21, 2013
This hotel is part of the Mekong tour I booked from Ho Chi Minh city, so I do not know what to expect and I do not have any information about the hotel name until we arrive in Cantho. I do not know how much it cost since the price included in the tour price.

The building itself was not bad, quite nice and clean with 5 storey high and the light was lit up when we arrived around 7pm.

From memory the receptionist speak little English only, but he distributes the keys quickly to our tour group after taking our passport and said the passport will return the next morning when we check out. (Indeed, we had our passport back the next morning)

Our room was on the third floor of the building and the hotel does not have lift, so we had to carry our own luggage to the room as it seems no bellboy service around since this is only budget hotel.

Our room has 2 windows with view toward the back of the building and it was surprisingly clean inside the room.

There was one double bed and one single bed with a table, chair, refrigerator and television. The air condition is working really well and we were freezing there.

There were no extra bed sheet to cover the blanket from the mattress, I went down to the reception (since there were no phone inside the room) to asked for extra bed sheet and it seems not an easy task. I had to explain what I was after and he still does not understand it. Finally, he took me to the laundry room and I just point out to the bed sheet to him and he gets it for me.

The bathroom was very basic and it was a wet bathroom where everything gets wet after having shower. At least it was clean and hot water available. I do not remember if soap provide or not, probably is as we do not bring any with us.

It was surprisingly quite at night time since our room was quite far from the main street.

Not much service from the staff and no map available in the hotel and no restaurant either.

However next door was a local restaurant which we had dinner (since I was too tired to explore the city at night time).

The problem with this local restaurant, we could not order the food as there was language problem and we do not know what food they had. Finally, to simplify everything, I just order spring rolls and chicken noodles. Taste was okay, not good not bad but eatable and it was very cheap.

The next morning breakfast was very plain and basic. I actually did not eat my breakfast. It consists of fried egg with French bread and a couple of bananas only. Tea and coffee provided freely.

Hotel located in the city centre, within walking distance and 2 blocks from the water where all the international restaurants located.

Overall, it was okay clean and nice hotel for a night stay.
hotel building
reception
lobby
the room with double bed

Huy Hoang Hotel Overview

Well located in the town heart is the Huy Hoang Hotel.

If you're travelling with a family in tow, the Huy Hoang Hotel offers spacious rooms geared towards the requirements of families and kids. All rooms are air conditioned and equipped with a TV, cable / satellite channels and a refrigerator. Wireless internet is available throughout the hotel, ensuring you'll have no trouble remaining connected while on the road.

Huy Hoang Hotel Amenities

• Cable / Satellite TV
  • TV
  • Excursions
  • Desk
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower