Huvafen Fushi

Huvafen Fushi Rates and Deals

Huvafen Fushi North Malé Atoll Reviews

beckywicks beckywic…
Paradise straight from the movies Mar 16, 2009
We stayed for just two nights at Huvafen Fushi and it was everything you'd expect from the Maldives, although I've read some less than impressed people's reviews on tripadvisor. It was my first time in the Maldives and I was more than impressed, personally! I want to live there!! Our deluxe ocean bungalow room had a huge bed, a gorgeous outdoor area at the back with a plunge pool, shower, bath and his n hers sinks, plus robes. The beach at the front was quiet when we were there, apart from Adam the heron! The iPod, preloaded with some great tunes, was an excellent touch, although I wish my friend wouldn't have turned the TV onto the news at 8am in the morning. It would've been good to have had no TV to be honest (plasma or otherwise). It's nice to shut the world out sometimes.

The food in Celsius and Salt was excellent, as was the wine. Errrr... after the 2 for 1 cocktails and the wine tasting event before dinner i don't really remember dessert, oops. The stingray feeding is insane, this guy has been feeding them at the same time every day for 13 years and they act like puppy dogs around him, climbing all over him, and he's not afraid in spite of their barbed tails! Take the camera.

The snorkelling was tough on our trip as it was rainy season and the water was choppy, but we did find Nemo. A few of him actually. And we saw black tip sharks swimming really close to the shore in the waves (shudder).

Of course the place is expensive, but what do you expect from the Maldives? I'd have liked to have stayed longer. They treat you like royalty! My friend went off to the spa leaving me alone with my book, and the barman brought me over complimentary fruit smoothies, how nice! Tasty too. I'd definitely recommend Huvafen to friends - it's a smaller resort than some of the others but if you want to talk to other couples you still can. We had a few drinks with a couple who were on their honeymoon. It was good to share paradise for a little while with randoms!

Read my magazine write up and see some of the photos I had published at http://thewritesite.ae/travel-writing.html
Our tempting dinner table!
View from further up the beach,fro…
Eric says:
Looks like an amazing place, thanks for sharing your hotel reviews on TB!
Posted on: Jul 22, 2010

Huvafen Fushi Overview

This Male accommodation, the Huvafen Fushi, is located on the North Male Atoll and is a unique island paradise. The hotel is the world’s first fly and flop island resort which offers the only underwater spa. The spa itself is located 10 meters below sea level and something all guests must experience. The Huvafen Fushi is located approximately 16 kilometers from the Male International Airport. Transportation to the island takes approximately 20 minutes by speed boat.

The 43 bungalows and pavilions at the Huvafen Fushi showcase an array of fantastic features. All rooms offer super king beds, plasma screen televisions, Bose, or Bang and Olufsen sound systems and fresh water plunge pools.

The Huvafen Fushi offers guests a chance at indulging themselves and getting many different types of spa treatments while they watch the tropical marine life swim by in the large glass windows of the spa. The resort also features the underground Vinum Cellar that has a wine bar and there is also a water-side pizzeria that focuses on healthy ingredients.

Huvafen Fushi Amenities

• Massage
  • Solarium
  • Steam Bath
  • Body Treatments
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes