Hutongs

Beijing, China

Hutongs Beijing Reviews

Johnpro Johnpro
The old town in a new city ! Aug 10, 2010
Just a daylight visit in the old town of beijing was a great start for the rest of my day .

Hutongs are the old traditional alleyways and courtyard homes which once covered all Beijing. Many still survive today and are pleasant to walk or bike through. Not much has changed and you can see how people lived in the past.

The China Guide's Hutong Tour starts with a cycle rickshaw ride through the hutongs. Cycle rickshaws are a traditional means of transportation in the old narrow streets.

Also the locals open them houses to have a cup of tea and they are minded to tell you the story of them family .

Around this area many pubs and coffee shops available for a coffee or a beer . And the river gives you a good feng shui :)

And as always I say "one picture thousand of words" :)

Related Travel Blogs About Hutongs

The colour of Hutong in Beijing
    I've been living in Beijing Hutong area for more than 15 years, in my memory, there are many colours in Hutongs in Beijing, I was born in a Hutong in 1965, at that time, Hutong onl…Beijing Hutong area for more than 15 years, in my memory, there are many colours in Hutongs in Beijing, I was born…
Have a first look around Beijing Olympic Games Stadiums
In my memory, there are many colors in Beijing’s Hutong,. When I was a kid , when I chased my friends in hutong area, the color of Hutong was grey. Everything was greey, the roof, the wall, the cou…Beijing ’s Hutong,. When I was a kid , when I chased my friends in hutong area, the color of Hutong
Welcome Beijing
 Capital of the People's Republic of China Massive in terms of size: equivalent of 15 Hong Kong's or 26 Metro Manila's 4 Seasons (Extreme Winters/Summers; Short Spring/Fall) Public T…Hutongs - small alleys that show the old and real Beijing. 2. Houhai Lake and Nanluoguxiang Hutong (Off W) 3. Beijing

Check Beijing Hotel Deals