Hutan Lipur Kanching

Selangor, Malaysia

Hutan Lipur Kanching Selangor Reviews

soonthiam soonthiam
Kanching Waterfall May 07, 2011
If you are in Kuala Lumpur and you had your fill of the concrete sights, may I suggest you pay a visit to this natural attraction. Located about half an hour drive from Kuala Lumpur, Kanching waterfall is located in the Forest Reserve named 'Hutan Lipur Kanching. It is next to Templer's Park. On weekends when I have nothing to do, I will go the waterfall for a walk. The main attraction is of course the Waterfalls. It is divided into 7 levels. Each with a small pool for you to play or swim. I remember when I was small, I used to join the adults to the waterfalls during the weekends. We would travel in a Ford Anglia and sing Cliff Richard's Summer Holidays. Back than, the jungle covered both side of the road. The waterfall at the 12th mile was than called Ulu Kanching and the park at the 14th Mile was called Templer's Park. I got a shock when I went there today to take photos for this review and found out the name of the two places have been reversed! I have never paid attention to the signboard as I have been going there for donkey years. Well, a rose is just still a rose whatever name you call it.The main changes I notice is that there are now a lot of monkeys.They came in recent years. I suppose the development around the area have forced them to seek food there.Beside the concrete foot path and shelters, everything else is about the same. Recently, there are many visitors from the middle east.Perhaps they find the green and natural surrounding to their likings. The foot path up the 7 levels of waterfall is paved with concrete steps. At each level, an earth path branches out to the respective level. Climbing up the steps will be a good gauge of your physical fitness. Don't worry, the waterfalls are short distances apart so it is not too difficult to walk.As it is in the jungle (now called rainforest- sounds better) it is shadier and cooler than the open spaces. However, it is very humid. You are either soaked with water from playing in the waterfall or you are soaked with your own perspiration. If you dip in the cool pool, you won't feel the stickiness or heat as you will be cool down and you will feel refreshed. ( Kuldip Singh? ). So, if you plan to come to the waterfall, make sure you get into the pool whether to play or swim. Oh yes, the worst thing to do is to go there in your shopping clothes! For those first timer to the jungle, I would advise you to go early and leave by early afternoon as in the jungle, the late afternoon can be quite dark as it is mostly covered by the jungle canopy. The foot path will be muddy and slippery when it rain. Thank you for reading this review. If you are going there during the weekends, give me a call. I will be glad to join you as I only live 10 minutes away. Cheers!
The Gateway to Kanching Forest Res…
Call them if you need help.
Pay Rm3 to park your car
Food stalls in the car park
trippin_jen says:
Not bad! You climbed to level 5! doesn't look so easy!
Posted on: Jan 07, 2013
iramalama says:
Someone else told me the same thing...that the names used to be different. Hmm...that's odd. But seems like a lovely place.
Posted on: May 08, 2011