Huong Viet Hostel

Check Ho Chi Minh City Hotel Deals

Huong Viet Hostel Ho Chi Minh City Reviews

kumiko923 kumiko923
Breakfast on the rooftop. Mar 05, 2011
You can have a breakfast on the rooftop.I felt great.I love being outside.

The owner is really friendly and helpful.

the shower room wasn't great though.The room was okay.

the location isn't great.I mean you need 15-30mins(on foot) to get to the city but you can look around on the way to get there.

the owner and one of staff speak good English.that helped me a lot:)
seangee seangee
Good Place to Stay Mar 04, 2010
My friend and I stayed here for five days in March 10' while we were in HCMC. The location is cool because you are in a neighborhood and not in the tourist area, thus it is as quite as you can get in HCMC. We booked a room but arrived a day early thus the standard room we booked was not available but they accomodated us and hooked us up with the suite room for like $36 a night, between two guys not a bad deal. The room was large with a huge bath tub with the hottest water ever-not that you need it, air con worked well, had a balcony, cable tv, and big comfy beds minus any critters. There is a shopping complex right across the street with many restaurants, grocery store, a mall, and arcade. So thats convienent. The airport is also very close if you are flying in or out. The tourist stuff is all within a cab ride at a reasonable price, just make sure you have an address for the cabby. They also offered tours, which we took them up on for the Cu Chi Tunnels and it was at a fair price. The only drawback was the host/manager was overbearing and would talk your ear off at times when all you wanted to do was walk to the store. It made going thru the lobby a covert type mission to avod the weird ten minute conversation, he was a nice guy but you dont have to chat every guest up every time you see them. On websites they also say they have a pool- not true, there is a public pool about half a mile away, or you can use one of the classy hotels pools for $10 a day. Overall though it is a good place to stay while in HCMC.

Check Ho Chi Minh City Hotel Deals