Huong Hai Junk

Check Halong Bay Hotel Deals

Huong Hai Junk Halong Bay Reviews

coffeefairy coffeefa…
Affordable, Yummy food, Good service cruise on a junk ship Mar 07, 2010
We booked for a 2 days, one night Junk Ship cruise of Huong Hai Junk Ships (109 USD per person).They have a number of vessels, some for small groups and some for bigger groups.

My husband and I were given to the smaller junk ship, which has a maximum capacity of 12 guests. It has only 2 decks - the lower deck is where the cabins and dining area are.

The upper deck would be where the sails are and the open space relaxation area.

The biggership has 3 levels - the lowest level would be for the cabins, then middle level would be the dining area and the top level would be the open space deck.

When we arrived, we were given twin beds but upon our request, the staff immediately

made the necessary changes without qualms, they joined the two beds to make it like a double bed. They did a great job. The bed was really very comfortable and we didn't even feel like it was two joined beds. Our room has a private toilet and I was happy to see that they provided the basic ammenities like toothbrush, shampoo, disposable comb and razor.

The cruise package includes lunch and dinner for Day 1 and then breakfast and brunch for Day 2. They usually serve seafood dishes so if you have any special requests, you better inform them during reservation because once the ship sails, there's not much flexibility on the menu since they can only serve what they have. My husband and I only have good things to say about their food. They were really delicious (my favorite are the steamed prawns and the baked sea shells in herbs and spices, yummy!) and best of all is that they have absolutely a great food presentation. It made us look forward to seeing what the next dish to be served would look like. The drinks are not included in the package price (I believe this is standard in all junk ship cruises) but it's ok because they drinks are not so overpriced.About 2 USD per can of softdrinks and their cheapest bottle of wine is about 30 USD. There is a charge when you bring in your own drinks and this is not worth it so just buy the drinks from them.

I like their itinerary too. We went to the usual visit to the most popular cave and beach and we went for kayaking. But I liked it that we went to this very beautiful lagoon.

The staff are also nice and professional, and their ship is well maintained so it was really great. If I would go for another junk ship cruise in Ha Long Bay, I would consider booking Huang Hai again but maybe next time I'd request to be in the bigger ship because we want to mingle with more people.
our junk ship
twin beds that became a very comfy…
private toilet with ammenities lik…
dining room
malvin_soh says:
Yes hon, I agree about requesting for the bigger ship next time. This time, we met only a few friendly elderly couples.

I love the food onboard:p....wish I know what they put in that baked clams and how they did all those beautiful vegetables carvings:)
Posted on: Mar 21, 2010
polvandenwirre polvande…
Very nice way to enjoy the night Oct 11, 2009
Actual this is a floating hotel which brings you through one of the most amazing places on earth, the limestone cliffs and emerald waters of Ha Long Bay.

We took a two day cruise and spent the night in a luxury cabin at the back of the boat, the only cabin with a private balcony!

Huong Hai junk is a refurbished wooden sailing junk with dedicated staff. A real royal service with the smile! The food is superb, fresh from the sea and professionally served on the sundeck or in the common room/restaurant.

Do ask for the back cabin and you'll have a marvellous stay on board. THIS IS GREAT!!!
The key to a wonderfull stay
Floating hotel
A hotel with changing views
Original cabin 201....