Huntington Country Inn

Huntington Country Inn Rates and Deals

Huntington Country Inn Reviews

JoaneWhite JoaneWhi…
Major Credit Card Error & Employee Brandon says, “Go F__ yourself” Jul 04, 2008
I recently planned a business trip for several of our business associates. The internet website for this hotel stated it was a resort style hotel which reflected its Long Island history and not the "cookie cutter type" business hotel.

When we arrived, I was disappointed at the outdated condition but overall, the staff had been very nice, particularly their shuttle driver, so we all made the best of the room situation, including our 82 year old disabled scientist who ended up in a second story room with his grown son and ONLY ONE BED, instead of the ground level two bed room I reserved for them.

Our other associate got the room style he requested but it was adjacent to a group of students on graduation night and he didn't get any sleep at all. All in all, however, we had enjoyed the local flavor and would have come back in our next trips.

Now, after being home for almost a week, my credit card company contacted me as they were double checking a "large" charge. Turns out that my card was billed for not only my charges but also charges that had already been billed to another traveler's credit card.

When I called the hotel, a desk clerk named Brandon proceeded to tell me that he could see the mistake in their records but that he could not do anything about it and tomorrow "Diane" would have to decide what to do. I asked him when I could expect to hear from Diane and he didn't know. After 5 minutes of passing the buck conversation, I finally told him that I would call the other traveler and we would let our two credit card companies handle the error. Brandon repeatedly pointed out that it was not "his error".

When I asked for a number for a supervisor or owner, Brandon said, and I quote, "Go F___ yourself."

Our group spent about $1800 at the Huntington Country Inn. We will be returning to Long Island several times a year because of our growing business connections there. Needless to say, we will not be returning after Brandon's performance.

Joane Pappas White

Attorney at Law

Price, Utah
sylviandavid says:
Yikes..... I'll certainly not visit there.... It's so hard to straighten out credit cards... and one wonders if in a few months they might find "they" flew to Rio and bought an ostrich and a diamond nose ring on that same credit card #: Stolen ID is such a nightmare! Good Luck and thanks for the really good review!
Posted on: Jul 04, 2008

Huntington Country Inn Overview

Location.
Huntington Country Inn is located in Huntington Station, close to Oheka Castle. Additional area points of interest include Vanderbilt Museum.

Hotel Features.
Recreational amenities include a fitness facility. This 2.0-star property has a business center and offers secretarial services, a technology helpdesk, and audio-visual equipment. Complimentary wireless Internet access is available in public areas. The hotel serves a complimentary continental breakfast. The property offers an airport shuttle (surcharge). Guest parking is complimentary. Business services, wedding services, and concierge services are available. Additional property amenities include multilingual staff and express check-in.

Guestrooms.
There are 60 guestrooms at Huntington Country Inn. Guestrooms are all accessible via exterior corridors. Beds come with premium bedding. Refrigerators, microwaves, and coffee/tea makers are offered. Bathrooms feature shower/tub combinations, jetted bathtubs, designer toiletries, and hair dryers. Wireless Internet access is complimentary. In addition to desks and fax machines, guestrooms offer complimentary local calls (restrictions may apply). Televisions have DVD players. Air-conditioned rooms also include CD players, complimentary bottled water, ceiling fans, and electronic/magnetic keys. Guests may request a turndown service and wake-up calls. Housekeeping is available daily. Cribs (infant beds) and rollaway beds are available on request.

Notifications:

In accordance with national/local laws, air conditioning may not be available during certain times of the year.

You must present a photo ID when checking in. Your credit card is charged at the time you book. Bed type and smoking preferences are not guaranteed. Your reservation is prepaid and is guaranteed for late arrival. The total charge includes all room charges and taxes, as well as fees for access and booking. Any incidental charges such as parking, phone calls, and room service will be handled directly between you and the property.

Huntington Country Inn Amenities

• Facsimile
  • Audio/Visual Equipment
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Jacuzzi
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower