Hunting Island State Park

2555 Sea Island Pkwy, Hunting Island, USA

Hunting Island State Park Reviews

fritabandita fritaban…
Hunting Island State Park Dec 30, 2010
We paid 5.00 per person to enter the state park and an additional 2.00 per person to take a tour of the light house. Totally worth it in my opinion.

I recommend stopping by the visitor center upon arrival. You can learn the history of the park and the island, its inhabitants, things to see while your there, and activites you can partake in, and view maps.

We decided we didnt want to take the tours, but did do a bit of exploring. The beach was very different from the ones I am accustomed to. The water is a dark blue and the sand is a light brown. There was tons of sea foam. Im not sure what the cause of this is, but it was quite a site.. blowing through the wind like a tumbleweed. We were hoping to see horses, but only found hoof marks. I was really impressed with the beach area. They had covered tables as well as exposed picnic tables. And, clean bathrooms and showers available for public use. The park also offered fishing piers, bike and nature trails, camp grounds, and cabin rentals.

Considering the weather, I think we had the most fun at the lighthouse. It was a bit of a climb, but well worth the view. The small houses surrounding the lighthouse were pretty cool, too. Very informative.

There is marshy area across from the park entrance. It doesnt have a name, but it was fun. We saw tons of wildlife.

Compare Fripp Island Hotel Rates (0.7km away)

Hunting Island State Park Map