Hungarian Parliment

Budapest, Hungary

Hungarian Parliment Budapest Reviews

Mixal Mixal
Nice, but more impressive from the distance Oct 30, 2014
The parliament building is probably the most recognizable motif of Budapest. The 3rd largest parliament in the world is certainly impressive, but it loses some of its appeal when you come close to it.

The interior can only be visited as a part of 45-minute guided tour which is a little rushed. The guide gives you pretty much the basic information, I honestly expected some more trivia. Naturally, you are only allowed to visit a part of the whole building. 13 EUR for adults is a little too steep IMO, but surely it's a must-do when you are in Budapest and I don't regret it.

To capture the best images of the building, cross to the Pest side or climb the Castle hill.
View from the side
On a rainy day...
From Buda Castle
goatguy goatguy
nice but tend to be boring Jun 10, 2011
It's a beautiful monument to see, but don't plan more than 2 hours by it.

what you should know is that it's located right next to the Danubba and a walking distance from basically anywhere, so instead of taking a guided tour there you should just walk there from the city center (from Deakter statio / Vazi UT) and see it yourself
corpsmanup corpsman…
Top of the mountain on Buda May 15, 2011
Take a bike ride across the famous bridge and up the mountain for a spectacular view of the cities! There are shops games similar to a carnival. some cheap touristy things also. If you need a great 5 star hostal/condo hostal, i suggest the boomerang hostal on Bank Utca street. split it with other people and you will live like kings!
Sunrise5 Sunrise5
Worth getting up even at night Mar 17, 2009
I didn't expect to enter the Parliament when I was in Budapest.

However, when I was there on a Tuesday shortly after eleven to take some pictures from the outside, I just tried out to get a ticket for a guided tour. Up to then, all the people I talked to about the Parliament told me that it was almost impossible to get in there as the tours were always completely booked. Well, seemed as I was lucky, because I got a ticket for a tour in three hours.

In March '09, there were several tours every day:

In English at 12:00 and 14:00

In German at 11:00 and 15:00

In Hungarian they were even more often, but I don't remember the exact times.

When you want to get a ticket, you have to be let through to the ticket office by a security guard. Then you show your ID and take the ticket. The fees seem to change from time to time. When I was there, I was really lucky because it was free for EU-citizens :-)Otherwise it would have been 2600 HUF, I think.

It's even allowed to take pictures. Only in the hall with the jewels the flash has to be turned off.

The tour itself was quite intresting. It was only an hour and therefore too short to get bored. One walks over the main stairs, through the hall the crown jewels are kept, the conference hall and during that one learns some intresting facts about the building. For example that it was the largest building in Europe at the time it was built and that it has 356 towers - one for every day of the year.

If you should be in Budapest, I urgently advise you to try to get in there. I've hardly ever seen such a richly decorated and impressive building like this.
A model of the Parliament built of…
The famous main stairs