Hunan

641-423-9099

Hunan Mason City Reviews

esterrene esterrene
Not very veggie friendly Oct 24, 2009
Please keep in mind that this review is for my vegan travel blog and that I am giving this place a low rating solely based on its lack of veggie options. Though there were plenty of meat options I can't say if they were good options..

The place is located inside a small strip mall with some interior shops.

I didn't really want to eat at the buffet, but when I got there It was obvious that if I was sitting in the restaurant that the buffet was my choice. I didn't really have much time to drive around looking for a place to eat and I was starving so I figure what the heck!

They had a large buffet with many meat options. The ONLY vegetarian options were a simple salad bar, veg fried rice, veg lo mein and tater tots.. Most chinese buffets that I have been to in the past will have at least ONE veggie dish like broccoli or string beans.. The veggie rice and lo mein barely had any veggies and the rice was a bit dried out. They did at least have fresh simple salad bar.

I looked at the take out menu when I was waiting to pay for my mael and there really wasn't many veggie options on it either.

SO if your a vegetarian traveling through Mason City, I recommend NOT stopping here for lunch.
Inside the mall