Hunan Dynasty

Hunan Dynasty - Hot and Sour Soup

Hunan Dynasty Washington Reviews

Andy99 Andy99
Hunan Dynasty on Capitol Hill Mar 11, 2008
Hunan Dynasty is one of two popular Chinese restaurants on Capitol Hill, just two blocks from the U.S. Capitol. Typical Szechuan and Hunan cuisine is offered. There are also three daily specials that include steamed rice and a spring roll. I always add a Hot and Sour Soup.

Hunan Dynasty is very popular with the lunch crowd and also with nearby office celebrations. But, the staff is very efficient and will find a table for you even at the busiest times. I find the food is uniformly good. It's a bit lighter and easier on the MSG and garlic than at Young Chow, the competition across the street. (But they win in the Hot and Sour Soup department.)

The daily lunch specials are very reasonably priced. You can't beat that for a sit-down restauant and this is a place to consider when visiting Capitol Hill.

Hunan Dynasty also offers a fresh Sushi Bar.
Hunan Dynasty restaurant
Kung Pao Chicken at Hunan Dynasty
Hot and Sour Soup
Szechuan Chicken at Hunan Dynasty
vulindlela says:
Will have to eat here next time in DC....
Posted on: Apr 13, 2012
sylviandavid says:
Wow..... it sounds cheap and good!
Posted on: Mar 15, 2008
VoyageurDeMonde Voyageur…
Jun 05, 2007
I ate here 3 times during my 5 day, twice in one day! My father owns a Chinese Restaurant so I was raised on Chinese food and can eat it almost every meal. The food at Hunan Dynasty was pretty good. Not as good as my dad's of course but good. I thought their spring rolls were tasty, greasy but crispy just like I like them. I wish I had the name of the waitress who waited on our table but she was a sweetheart. By the last time I was there, I told her I would see her in a year and she was sad and we even hugged and I got a picture taken with her. It was like leaving family, LOL!
sylviandavid says:
We are hoping to go late 2009. We'll be going into travbuddy to get our information and will be certain to add this to our list! You'll have to take a copy of the photo for her.... We did that for our favorite waiter in Disneyland and he kept it on his mantle... his boyfriend also worked at the restaurant and recognized us from the photo and told us... we were so pleased. take care! Have fun in May! Sylvia
Posted on: Mar 17, 2008
VoyageurDeMonde says:
Hi Sylvia:o) Actually, I'm going back to D.C. May 1st and I'm going to make a stop at Hunan and visit my buddy. Let's see if she remembers me, LOL! Are you planning on making a trip there? I love D.C., I would love to live there! Have a great day:o)
Posted on: Mar 17, 2008
sylviandavid says:
That s so neat that you and the waitress liked each other..... We always do that too...... Glad to hear the food was "almost" as good as your dad's. sylvia
Posted on: Mar 15, 2008