Hucks

819 Main St , Mount Vernon, IN, USA

Hucks Mount Vernon Reviews

osgoodst osgoodst
Look for the kid with the maniacal smile and straw hat! Dec 13, 2009
So I was driving around southern Indiana, slowly dozing off around the cornfields and oil pumps, I look up and see a "mural" of a toothless, stalk chewing, straw hat wearing kid with a maniacal "smile" with a big electronic "Hucks" below it. How could I resist?

This place has a great cross section of society in it; from barbara sue as seen in jerry springer to a guy purchasing hunting supplies, to a southern-esque rip off artist lawyer plying his trade with the townspeople. No doubt if your lucky you might spot George clooney or hank hill walking about too.

So what does this place have to offer? Well its firstly a truck stop, so you can get precious precious oil (notice me salivating). It has all your basic enmities, but also has a few things that distinguish it from other gas joints. First this one had a kitchen supplying the locals with fried chicken (good fried chicken), waffles, pulled porky, sweet tea, and of course donuts!

It also has bait, I do not know if that is a way of recycling the old food!

Finally the service is friendly "yea'll", and is rated as one of the 100 best places to work by Forbe's Magazine! So if your around the ohio river (I think they have this in southern indiana, illinois, and mizzoura) stop by Hucks, and look for the maniacal smile!
Look or the kid with the maniacal …
ahtibat17 says:
Huck's are so common where I'm from, that I never even thought about it. But, I LOVED this review! And, how true, how true...
Posted on: Jan 03, 2010