Huck Finn's Catfish

Huck Finn's Catfish - Grilled shrimp

Huck Finn's Catfish Pigeon Forge Reviews

spicyricecake spicyric…
Country-styled Mark-Twain themed restaurant May 26, 2012
We stopped at this country-style restaurant on one of nights at Smoky Mountains. This restaurant is located in Pigeon Forge, 5 miles away from Gatlinburg.

The restaurant was decorated with the fish and wildlife decor. The drinks come in those old-style glass jars.

Appetizers come before you even start ordering anything, because they are what comes with each and every entree. Their appetizers, which they call vittles, consists of endless hush puppies, beans, coleslaw, pickles. I didn't like hush puppies, but the beans, coleslaw, and pickles were excellent.

The menu consists of several all-you-can-eat options: all-you-can-eat catfish, all-you-can-eat chicken, or all-you-can-eat catfish and chicken platters. As they were all fried, and I didn't really like fried foods, I decided not to. However, my dad got the all-you-can-eat chicken and catfish plate. The chicken is way too greasy, but the catfish was, although fried, was alright.

My mom ordered grilled shrimp, which they sell by the 1/2 pound. The order came with your choice of mashed potatoes or fries. The grilled shrimp was great as well, really flavorful.

I ordered rainbow trout with mashed potatoes. The trout was very delicious, and seasoned very well. The mash potatoes was melt in your mouth.

The staff wasn't too attentive; my dad wanted more catfish and it took them a while to notice we were waiting and get it out to us.

Overall, although I'm not a big fan of country foods (I love seafood, though), this restaurant had good tasting food for reasonable prices.
Grilled shrimp