HuTong Pizza

010 8322 8916

HuTong Pizza Beijing Reviews

vesxy vesxy
For Pizza Lovers Apr 22, 2011
Very nice ambience. My friends and I had a hard time finding it at first because it's hidden really well (Hutong-alley). But ask around for directions, everyone knows the place. It is a fab place to chill with friends. The staff is very friendly. The pizzas are the real pull factor here. The rest of the food in the menu are just average. have fun trying all the different flavours! I love that place.
seattlejon seattlej…
May 02, 2007
I'm not really sure how I feel about Hutong Pizza. The location and atmosphere are really unique, but I didn't think the food was much to get excited about.

First, the location/atmosphere. When the first taxi driver heard Hutong Pizza, he refused to take me, not wanting to go anywhere near the narrow, congested hutongs. The second taxi took me, but only so far. That was fine though because the walk through the old hutong looking for Hutong Pizza was half the fun.

When you walk into the restaurant you will follow a glass walkway across a small pond with fish in it. I sat in the front section where I could admire the fish, but there is also a back section further in the interior of the restaurant. It's kind of hard to describe. In any case, the atmosphere is very cozy and nice.

Now the food. I was so impressed by the garlic bread at Shan Zhai that I decided to try it here too. Again, the garlic bread was excellent. Next came the pizza. I got a small sausage pizza. The pizza is a square cut into 8 slices and the small was just about right for two people. The quality of the pizza was just okay though. It wasn't bad, but it was a little lacking in flavor. There wasn't much sauce on it and the sausage wasn't very spicy or sweet which made the pizza kind of bland.

Hutong Pizza is a good place to relax and grab a bite to eat. The atmosphere and location make up for the mediocre pizza. Order garlic bread!
The entry way to Hutong Pizza
The pizza (duh)
Lasagna too
Amanda says:
Wow, fantastic review and pics!! One of the better I've seen, in my opinion. Thank you SO MUCH - I loved reading it!!
Posted on: May 10, 2007