Hôtel Touring

Check Bordeaux Hotel Deals

Hôtel Touring Bordeaux Reviews

pingdafrog pingdafr…
U get what u pay for Dec 14, 2011
The location is superb, within a few minutes walk away from the Quincones tram stop (C Line). It's particularly handy for people like us who travels by train. In fact, EVERYTHING is within a stone throw away. The host speaks excellent English (to much my relief) & he's very generous with his time. Obviously, the hotel is run on an honesty system where upon checking out, the keys can be left at their respective slots at an open public area. The reception is closed at 8pm but I was handed the password to get in. Wi-fi here is excellent. I think I am staying in the very room where the previous reviewer wrote about having a lack of privacy. What's not been mentioned is that like any French properties, there are timber louvres outside that u can close in the evening:) The courtyard and the peeled-off paint of the exterior complements the old radiator, slightly yellowed wallpaper, chipped table top, evoke the worn romantic time of yesteryears. U can almost hear the tapping of the typewriters from the room next door when a struggling aspiring author is striving for fame by by his sheer audacity & optimism. For me, this is authenticity, in contrast to the new & shimmering look of the Bordeaux outside the footsteps of the hotel. At 38 Euros per night, I can't complain when the toilet is just outside my room. I'm as happy as Larry:)

Check Bordeaux Hotel Deals