Howl At the Moon

Howl At the Moon - Big Macca

Howl At the Moon Reviews

tari tari
the place I fell in love all over again Nov 01, 2008
With live music that is, not with some random guys i had a fling with 'not saying that I had any....and it wouldnt be called love, it will be just mainly lust, correcto?'

Anyway Howl at the Moon singapore is part of the Howl at the moon franchise thats big in the states. It stays true to its catchphrase 'greatest live rock and roll dueling piano show' least for me, why? becoz its real good. The band is real good. And especially the guys *and a lady* that manned the pianos. I was mesmerized.

A friend of mine had been talking about it for months, quoting him 'its groovy, you gotta check it out when you are dropping by singapore next time'. And after my serious club and pub hoping two days earlier, I was pretty tempted to just kick back and listen to some real good music.

So I set a date to meet with Ian later on *who would be better to go to howl at the moon with, other than the man thats been advertising the club heavily himself*.

Since the club is on the 2nd floor, if you arent familiar or a regular to the club, you might miss the entrance totally *maybe that only happened to me, am oblivious, sue me..haha* even tho I admit that I ve been to the place before. Before it was howl at the moon, It was called rouge. It still has the same lay out and interior as rouge had, but I only went to rouge once. And needless to say that I was drunk then. *haha..wots new*

Aniwae, after getting through the entrance. Greeted by two real nice doormen, and being told that tonight was their official halloween party *with rocky horror picture show theme woohoo* since on the real halloween night they celebrated their manager's birthday I sat myself on the bar *assuming Ian would be late, like any other appointment i had with people this time* and ordered myself a screwdriver*service is terrific,Cant ask for more*. I started taking in the sight, big oval-ish bar, some couchy, loungy part which can be booked for some small/medium size gathering.*and that night, there was some birthday celebration and i think the birthday girl/boy will get some special treatment up the stage, where he/she will basically be asked to down as many gulp of alcohol as possible, its brilliant I say*

It turned out that Ian was already there. So I made way to his table *closer to the stage* when I bumped into big macca *this huge bouncer that I met yonks ago at some other club in clarke quay*, after exchanging hellos *with the big man* and took my seat *and exchanged hello with Ian* suddenly I saw the band. And everything else became a blurry. They played *can play* everything. They boast a song list of more like 10,000 songs. and if you request a song that they know nothing about they'll give you some drink voucher *neat....very neat....but trust me you wouldnt care, coz they are real good......and they know loads of real classic rock and roll songs* And that night they played from all the soundtrack of rocky horror picture show *yes 'dammit janet, I love you' and 'transexual transvestite from transylvania'* to purple more than words. *real brilliant*

and whats good about the place is that it has indoor smoking room.*divine really*

couple of rounds of margaritas later *dont ask me..they have some special on margaritas that night* some real big glass of hoegaarden *which i cdnt finish* and some more tequila shots....and some more screw drivers....loads of dancing later *and couple of round of time warp..woohoo* and thats about an hour after the band's last session. I finally managed to drag myself out, with a huge grin on my face.

last thing I remember Ian said before I got into my cab was' the place rocks doesnt I'

It surely does. And I cant wait to get back there. Rocking it out.

'its just a jump to the left, and a step to the right'
The bar