Howies

Victoria Street, Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Howies Edinburgh Reviews

sarahelaine sarahela…
Howies Feb 26, 2011
Howies, which has four locations across Edinburgh, was something of a legend when I was in university. It was, in fact, where people's parents took them for lunch for a treat. My parents lived 500 miles away so I never got to go. Yes, I know, I can hear the sympathy from here.

Now, many, many years later, I finally got a chance to go. I was meeting my Aunt who hadn't seen me since I got engaged, and she suggested that she should take me there.

This was largely because she had a voucher, which is the first thing to say about Howies - with a voucher, the value is excellent. The deals are variable, but include two courses and wine for £15. For a good restaurant, that's a really great deal.

The food was excellent. I had carrot and ginger soup, followed by haggis and neeps, and wine. There is a good selection of things on the menu, including nice looking vegetarian options, and the food was perfect.

The decor and the buildings are all nice. The one I went to was on Victoria Street, between the castle and the grass market. It was light and pleasant and had spotless toilets.

It turns out that everyone else's mum and dad were right. Howies is a great place to get taken to for lunch.

Related Travel Blogs About Howies

Edinburgh
Iain is still in Africa. I decided this was a great opportunity to go up to see my relatives. We spend quite a lot of time in Edinburgh, but when we normally go up we have to see all of both of our…Howies on Victoria Street, which is a very nice relative and, pretty much, THE place to meet one's relatives for lunch in Edinburgh

Check Edinburgh Hotel Deals