Howard Johnson's

Lake George, New York

Howard Johnson's Lake George Reviews

mainhart mainhart
Blast from the Past! Aug 16, 2008
When I was younger my family and I would always stop at Howard Johnson's Restaurants on road trips. We also belonged to the birthday club. It was a big part of my childhood. I used to love the pots of hot chocolate, the fried clams, the buffet. Over the years I have become sad that this part of childhood disappeared. When the HJ in Times Square closed I was heartbroken because I thought it was the last one remaining. How happy was I then to find out I was mistaken?! When visiting Lake George we passed a bona fide HJ restaurant right on the main drag. I know I'm a lot older now, and I usually aim for local restaurants when I'm on vacation (except I always hit Cracker Barrels), but I convinced my buddy that I simply had to have dinner there one night. So one night I did, and while the decor was more up-to-date, it was exactly as I had remembered. The food was OK in the buffet... nothing special but the fried chicken, but the variety was good, the service quick and friendly. Even though it was summer I had to have the Hot Chocolate which still comes in a shiny pot for you to pour yourself. For about an hour I was 10 again. Hopefully my friend wasn't too embarrassed by me.

Check Lake George Hotel Deals