Howard Johnson Inn Petersburg

Howard Johnson Inn Petersburg Rates and Deals

Howard Johnson Inn Petersburg Reviews

Zagnut66 Zagnut66
Howard Johnson Inn Mar 06, 2015
The best I can say about this place is that I survived it.

Interstate 95 was turning icy in a winter storm, forcing me to find a discount hotel room for the night to wait out the weather. The Howard Johnson Inn sits right along the highway off exit 45 in Petersburg next to two other hotels, but I wanted to save money so chose the HoJo as the cheapest option.

The room cost $59 for the night, way overpriced for what you get. The room reeked of stale cigarette smoke even though it was non-smoking. The shower looked so disgusting I didn’t want the water to touch my skin. The automatic door lock didn’t work, the door popping open without need of the key card. The manual bolt seemed secure enough, but I thought about propping a chair under the handle just in case.

There were some strange people in the room next door who kept going in and out all night long. I periodically looked out the peep hole to make sure my car hadn’t been stolen and wondered if there was a meth lab operation going on.

The room was so cold I thought I could see my breath. I began to wonder if anyone had been murdered here and pondered setting up my camera to catch photos of the spirits of the unhappy dead.

The television at least worked and there is a decent Mexican restaurant attached to the hotel. Surprisingly the room had a working internet connection, probably to allow drug dealers and prostitutes to conduct business.

My visit came to an abrupt end when a creepy wailing voice came from the room next door early in the morning. Time to go! I threw my suitcase into the car, slipped on the ice no one had bothered to cover with sand, and promptly got back onto 95.

If you are looking for an adventure in your hotel stay, by all means check into the Howard Johnson. If you want to catch a few hours of peaceful sleep without fear of getting mugged or worse in your room, spend the extra money and find a better place. Lesson learned.
Howard Johnson Inn
The restaurant on the sign has bee…
The fallen lamp post lying in the …
EmEm says:
Not rich enough to buy cheap things! What an adventure!And there was enough time for evidence photos, LOL
Posted on: Mar 12, 2015
Ils1976 says:
my thoughts exactly May! :D
Posted on: Mar 10, 2015
cotton_foam says:
lesson learned indeed! :)
Posted on: Mar 07, 2015

Howard Johnson Inn Petersburg Overview

The Howard Johnson Inn Petersburg can be found at the junction of Interstates 95 and 295. Area attractions include the Poplar Grove National Cemetery, Petersburg National Battlefield, Fort Lee Army Base, Pamplin Historical Park and the South Park Mall. There are also a number of restaurants in the area.

All 133 guest rooms at the Howard Johnson Inn Petersburg have free high-speed wireless Internet access. These accommodations are also furnished with cable televisions, coffee makers, ironing facilities, hair dryers, alarm clocks and telephones with free local calls. Some rooms contain microwave ovens and refrigerators.

The Howard Johnson Inn Petersburg has a large outdoor swimming pool and a children's playground. This two-storey property also provides copy and fax services, two meeting rooms, a 24-hour front desk, ice/vending machines and a spacious parking area. Free high-speed wireless Internet access is likewise available.

Howard Johnson Inn Amenities

• Laundry service
  • Shops
  • Playground
  • Desk
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Child Pool