Howard Johnson Inn Downtown Chicago

Check Chicago Hotel Deals

Howard Johnson Inn Downtown Chicago Reviews

VoyagerGirl VoyagerG…
A clean place to sleep cheap, downtown Chicago. Aug 08, 2012
I wanted a quick cheap getaway, Chicago it was. Until I realized how much some of the hotels were, in addition parking! It took some looking but I found this "hidden gem" after some time. We got a deal for $118 a night for a king room, which INCLUDED free off street parking (& WIFI access in room). Free parking is near impossible to find DT Chicago, and it's upwards of $39 a night..so we were sold. Some of the reviews on TripAdvisor were sketchy, but we still decided to go for it anyway, and I'm glad we did. First I want to say, if you are looking for the modern upscale feel of DT Chicago this is not the place for you. If you want a clean and comfortable place to sleep on a budget, GO FOR IT!

HJ is only a two story building, and a small one at that, nestled amongst the high rises in N.River Side. The area was safe, and location was good..20 min walking to anything downtown (including Navy Pier). Check in was fast and easy. They have the parking lot chained off, so you just pull up to the chain and someone comes out to let you in. The look from the outside is that of a dated small hotel. Once we got in our room, it was clean, didn't smell, and the bed was huge..one of the most comfortable I've ever slept in. The bathroom had a slight upgrade and was clean, nice shower, nice hot water. The view looking down from the second floor was atrocious, an alley with dumpsters in it, as was the outdated windows. Minor flaws for a room at least half the price of others. The tv was a regular box tv, no flat screen, but cable was available. Maid service was prompt, good, and trustworthy. There is also a connected diner, convenient, but after my first meal there I never went back.

Check out was smooth, all was well.

I had a comfortable stay at HJI. When I go back to Chicago I will most definitely stay here again. Only if I got a KILLER deal somewhere else, with parking in mind, would I stay anywhere else. I recommend to anyone seeking clean, safe, and comfy on a budget.

Howard Johnson Inn Downtown Chicago Overview

Situated just outside the very centre of the city, the Howard Johnson Inn Downtown Chicago is within a 10 minute walk to Chicago Theater, The Ford Center for the Performing Arts Oriental Theatre and Cadillac Palace Theatre. The hotel is conveniently located for sightseeing in Chicago with House Of Blues within a 10 minute walk. The hotel is a five-minute walk from many attractions including 300 North LaSalle, Clark Street Bridge and Merchandise Mart.

The Howard Johnson Inn Downtown Chicago offers budget accommodation, rooms with TV and free Wi-Fi. Amenities at the hotel include meeting rooms, a business centre and a safe-deposit box. There is an atm / cash machine within the hotel. Feel greater comfort in your hotel as this venue offers an 'animal friendly' policy.

For the comfort of guests, the Howard Johnson Inn Downtown Chicago offers non-smoking rooms. Included in the room is a safe, a refrigerator and cable / satellite channels. The rooms at the hotel have an iron, a coffee maker and a telephone.

Travellers will be able to enjoy the convenience of an onsite café at the Howard Johnson Inn Downtown Chicago. Friendly and vibrant, this neighbourhood offers a wide range and variety of dining choices.

Howard Johnson Inn Downtown Amenities

• TV
  • Photocopier
  • Desk
  • Facsimile
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Coffee Shop/Cafeteria